• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

GO PRO only records for 34 minutes

snowmoherb

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2010
Seattle - ish
www.butterfieldplumbing.com
New to the Go Pro, like it so far, but at 34 minutes it will cut the video, many times it will start another one automatically and keep going, but i've never got it to go longer than 34 minutes.

I have a 32 GB Kodak 100x speed flash card in it, reformatted the card, still won't go any longer...

any help appreciated...

K
Oct 6, 2011
wiliston, ND
Is it the battery or Card?

Is the camera turning off because the battery is going dead, or is the card full? this will help you isolate the problem. Also in the cold weather is will shorten your record time, but you should still get a over an hour of record time.

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Yep, love my Drift HD 170 for sledding. The remote control is brilliant, just strap it to the handle bars and off you go, no blindly fumbling to press a button you can't see. The Drift's LCD screen for lining your shot up just perfect, fantastic. And it mounts to a helmet better than the Gopro in my opinion, lower profile.

For Scuba diving I use the Gopro. I have the flat lens for underwater filming and the case is good to go a lot deeper than I dive. Two great cameras.

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
Thanks Milehigh, it really was helpful wasnt it.......and yeah the drift is a really great camera, i just ordered my new drift HD the other day....O chit, I guess this reply isnt helpful either, sure hope the world doesnt end.....

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
New to the Go Pro, like it so far, but at 34 minutes it will cut the video, many times it will start another one automatically and keep going, but i've never got it to go longer than 34 minutes.

I have a 32 GB Kodak 100x speed flash card in it, reformatted the card, still won't go any longer...

any help appreciated...

Not sure if this is legit info or not, but sounds like it could have something to do with it. Pulled from another site.

Brand doesn't mather as long it is a SDHC card.
Sdhc cards uses different classes and a smaller value of the class means slower read and write compability.

I'm using a 16GB SDHC Class4 and that gives me 4 hours in 1280x720 and 2 Hours of 1920x1080 resolution.
With the old firmware GoPro Hd quit recording when reaching half the size of the memorycard. Then restart to fill up the other part. Haven't tested out the new firmware yet.

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Appears to be a screaming deal on Drift HD170 at Crutchfield right now. $180 with lots of goodies.

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
Wow thats a really good deal on a really good camera considering I bought mine brand new for right around $300....I loved my HD170, thanks for sharing whitefish I might have to look into that deal :D

Premium Features