• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hyfax Wear on my Nytro, Would a wheel kit, or Hyperfax help?

M
Jun 9, 2008
Maine
Christopher,

Like I had posted earlier this spring I added 3 extra pair of the real Yamaha idler wheels and ditched the scratchers on my 162's. I ride off trail, with logging roads etc. to get from place to place. 1,500 miles this season (which was a bad year for snow in my area) and the slides look great.

The few pounds they added for the season(s) of no hassle was well worth it. Now if I need to cross a bare lake or something the scratchers would be handy and I plan to implement them somehow this summer.

I ordered the accessory idler wheels and mounts from Port Yamaha for about 120 bucks per sled... cheap, effective, done! Hope it helps, its atleast worth considering.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher,

Like I had posted earlier this spring I added 3 extra pair of the real Yamaha idler wheels and ditched the scratchers on my 162's. I ride off trail, with logging roads etc. to get from place to place. 1,500 miles this season (which was a bad year for snow in my area) and the slides look great.

The few pounds they added for the season(s) of no hassle was well worth it. Now if I need to cross a bare lake or something the scratchers would be handy and I plan to implement them somehow this summer.

I ordered the accessory idler wheels and mounts from Port Yamaha for about 120 bucks per sled... cheap, effective, done! Hope it helps, its atleast worth considering.

Other than the fact I snapped one of the scratchers off that came on the SE, I had pretty good luck with them. So I think I will go for the triple play yere.

HIPERFAX
WHEELS
SCRATCHERS

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ummm i thought you said Pink:face-icon-small-win:
Oh, your a funny lady.

Pink eh?

Did you see what Yamaha just released??
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/accessories/acsubcontaineritems/5/495/2019/15919/all/1.aspx

fxnytrofushia_inset_4-500.jpg

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
670$ for a pink hood...wow...
accessories have just gone to the point of STUPID..or maybe they've been there a while?

didn't even check the bumper, whats that? another 550$? lol
the saddest part is probably the fact, people pay it...

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
Hmmm
Pink Urban Cammo???

Hey Chris just an FYI Yammi makes CRAP all the time that ppl don't want....OMG you should see the sales flyers that they send us to get rid of it......Next time i get one i will give ya shout MAYBE just MAYBE we could turn the blue baby into a pink baby.....LMAO (would go with the pink ;) Hyper fax i sent you today...Bwahahahahaha

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hey Chris just an FYI Yammi makes CRAP all the time that ppl don't want....OMG you should see the sales flyers that they send us to get rid of it......Next time i get one i will give ya shout MAYBE just MAYBE we could turn the blue baby into a pink baby.....LMAO (would go with the pink ;) Hyper fax i sent you today...Bwahahahahaha

You have an EVIL streak runing through you Girl!!:devil:

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
Does the track need to be fully clipped to run Hyperfax? Im running a PC thats clipped every other.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So far so good with the new HyperFax.
No signs (or smells) of any wear even when riding on hard packed groomed trails.

This seems to be a winner.

B
Apr 22, 2009
scratcher mount location

chrisopher, how do you have your scratchers mounted in that location? did you just replace the bolt with the one use for the scratchers?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The scratchers are factory OEM.
I haven't touched them at all.
They are right where they came the day I got the sled.

Only difference is the color has turned from BRIGHT BLUE to Black over the last year.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
5000+miles on a set of Hyperfax on the ol mtn max. There the only way to go. Plus they add trackspeed cause there so slick. Also there stickers are good for a few hp :)

Premium Features