• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MC transformation begins!

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
No belt drive. Just throwing the MC chaincase on.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
You guys got any secrets for getting the jackshaft back in?

That bearing does not want to go home. I got it out with heat, you guys cooking the aluminum torque plate to get it back in as well?

I've got the shaft with the PTO side bearing still on it trying to slide it in the way I took it out. Is there a better way?

Last edited:

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Here are a few final pictures that show how I attached the brake guard and the new MC skid plate. You will notice AC really trimmed down the skid plate from the previous version; on the clutch side you can see the two holes for the original skid plate. On the can side there is no coverage in front of the outlet. I believe the 17s have a plate there that protects the can outlet? Also I had to add a couple extra bolts near the brake and chain case covers to get the skid to fit better. Not the best fit in those areas. The new plate does fit well with pushed in panels, no trimming needed. On the clutch side start with drilling holes and bolting down at the footwell and work your way forward. I drilled all the holes and ended up redrilling a few so it fit right. It seems like the lower panels might have a slightly different contour on the MC.

Hey chewy, what did you to with rear of the brake guard, the side that covers the rotor? You just move the whole thing back? Or bend the guard out a little so it fits over the rotor?

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Hey chewy, what did you to with rear of the brake guard, the side that covers the rotor? You just move the whole thing back? Or bend the guard out a little so it fits over the rotor?

I just slid the enter thing back a bit. Did not bend it.

Premium Features