• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo kit for the new C-Tek 800, who makes the best kit?

mk2g60

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, NH
www.shock-tech.com
I looked quickly at the OVS kit on their facebook page, little information, but I understand that they also use a Dobeck Controller. Could be they are much better now, but when I was using one in 2012, I struggeleg to get it tuned properly.

Are the Dobeck Cobtrollers better now?

give them a call. they have always been easy to get a hold of and answered any tech questions. they were years a head of anyone running Tial wastegates and larger turbo sizes. And their airbox is still the best one out there.

F
Nov 5, 2017
Nevada
I put a push turbo on my 14 proclimb. I have delt with Ken A LOT and he is great to deal with WHEN YOU GET A HOLD OF HIM.... He's a busy man.
I did have issues with the kit, a weld failed, I called him on a Sunday (he answered), had a new component in two days.
I'd rate fit and finish of the kit about an 8 out of 10. It's a tight squeeze putting a throttle body on the turbo and I had to get the tps recalibrated.

But the sled was down most the season tuning. I got the kit January, rode it twice after installation.both times were for tuning. My tuning skills are green and worse I didn't have people to go ride with.

Point being ecu reflash is sounding very good to me. Hopefully silber gets their **** together and in a row on their kit, which I'm sure they will.

Premium Features