• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP tether-any feedback?

J
Mar 31, 2012
Mancos, CO
I bought two of them, one for a 2012 and one for a 2016. I was buying some other stuff from SLP and figured they're a good company with good products, but I don't see a whole lot of feedback on their tethers when I searched on here. Are they plug and play on the Pro's? Any known issues with them?

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
I got an SLP tether with my RMK. The SLP ones looks identical to the Polaris ones BUT THEY ARE NOT!

The SLP tether worked a little while but the cap is in so bad quality rubber that after removing it a couple of times it wont stay on. I had to buy a new Polaris tether and replace the SLP one after a month or so. (the switch itself is more or less the same as the Po one but you cant just buy the rubber cap from polaris, you have to buy the whole tether)

I have had the Polaris tether on several sleds now and have never had a problem with them.

SnowBaller

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Grand Forks, ND
I have also had problems with the SLP tether on my 2014. It's not exactly plug-and-play but it still straightforward to hookup. The issue I had was with the cap and button not working in cold weather. It was extremely sensitive and would cut out at the slightest movement. In a heated garage it would work just fine. I'm thinking its the rubber cap that contracts just enough in the colder temps to not make contact with the button.

I switched to a the Polaris OEM and have not had any problems. Its a true plug-and-play. I would recommend the OEM route.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Get the poo OEM. Put some dielectric or other lube on the cap, and she'll slip on and off. A short screw under the cap, if needed, is the only issue. Pure plug and play, and if it fails, just unplug it.

Premium Features