• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16 Team Primary

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
600 miles and the rollers are gravely. Just sharing findings, in case someone here is on the fence about servicing clutches. I didn't expect to find this after 600miles

Also, paint wore off spring on the inside of spring. A little goofy. Oh well, 2018 roller clutch going in.

I was wrong too, was telling people I had 70 grams in clutches when I am actually at 71gr. Jumping it up to 72.4 now

IMG_3536.jpg IMG_3537.jpg

Last edited:

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
whats the glide washer peeps speak of, did you/are you going to add that?
i was thinking of going up to 70s on mine and adding ti cover bolts, maybe this glide washer thing too. but im at 750 miles and she ran like a top all last year. thanksfor the heads up on the rollers i will check mine

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
whats the glide washer peeps speak of, did you/are you going to add that?
i was thinking of going up to 70s on mine and adding ti cover bolts, maybe this glide washer thing too. but im at 750 miles and she ran like a top all last year. thanksfor the heads up on the rollers i will check mine

Ya I'd say mine ran good as well, but I had to use steel wool to clean up contact surface on my weights too. No I'm not adding glide. Spent enough on this pile this season. Next year I'll be turbo, all new clutching again

Last edited:
K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--1200 miles and all is good
--I also use a Thunder products glide washer for the spring and Speedwerx spring cup adapter if using a spring from the older Cat clutch
--Also using a BMP or SLP plastic insert washers in secondary to help reduce spring bind...
--I also lightly spray some Honda silicone on the rollers and the bushing....but thats just me

--That rust and corrosion pictured above will happen to any clutch including the 18...it likely has the very same rollers and busshing part numbers as your 16 clutch

Last edited:

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
Honda silicone? Like chain lube

Ya my clutches are always filthy. Early and late season on the deck traveling 6 hours on salty crap roads. Cover doesn't seem to stop the gunk

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
600 miles and the rollers are gravely. Just sharing findings, in case someone here is on the fence about servicing clutches. I didn't expect to find this after 600miles

Also, paint wore off spring on the inside of spring. A little goofy. Oh well, 2018 roller clutch going in.

I was wrong too, was telling people I had 70 grams in clutches when I am actually at 71gr. Jumping it up to 72.4 now
I was having issues breaking springs, broke 3 in 500 miles, Paint was wore smooth off springs similar to yours, I'm running 72 gams with 100-300 spring at 10k seems prefect for my BB, anyway my solution was a thunder products cover, found out clutch was twisting bad and wearing buttons on one side really bad also, in return putting a ton of bind on the spring. Long story short billet cover and clutch has been perfect for the last 1000 miles with zero signs of wear. Best 200 buck I have spent..

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I was having issues breaking springs, broke 3 in 500 miles, Paint was wore smooth off springs similar to yours, I'm running 72 gams with 100-300 spring at 10k seems prefect for my BB, anyway my solution was a thunder products cover, found out clutch was twisting bad and wearing buttons on one side really bad also, in return putting a ton of bind on the spring. Long story short billet cover and clutch has been perfect for the last 1000 miles with zero signs of wear. Best 200 buck I have spent..

is the 911 cover heavier than stock?
i ordered the glide washers. was thinking about some zrp ti bolts, maybe some patricks ti pins, but then again i could just remove the ring on the back of the clutch and see what that does first. maybe some primary weight is good, like flywheel affect :juggle:

scratley

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Star Valley WY
I never weighed them, but common sense says more material more weight. I run the ring gear, I didn't on the clutch that blew. I think it's personal preference. It pulls over a bit harder when you pull it off. Picked up an 18 clutch and plan on leaving it on. When I bought my prolite it came from BDX with no ring gear..

Premium Features