• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which can?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Family sized Cambell's soup. Works great, real loud :face-icon-small-ton

Not ragging on the OP, but can the mods just put up a sticky for cans in each section so we don't have tons of these threads?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Family sized Cambell's soup. Works great, real loud :face-icon-small-ton

Not ragging on the OP, but can the mods just put up a sticky for cans in each section so we don't have tons of these threads?

I was thinking the same, would be nice to have can stickys for each brand sled and try to get videos, weight loss, HP claims, and pricing of each can in the top post.

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
To Can or Not to Can?

I run HPS cans on my '10 M8 & my '11 Crossfire 8; In the day they lost weight but Not HP,as proven by the need to run more clutch weight. They are not obnoxiously loud but definitely more db than stock. Still a good can for the money. On my '17 Mountain Cat 8000, I am running a Diamond S Ti Quiet can; suppose to gain the most HP by the Dyno tests & Quiet with weight loss at $550!! If money grew on trees & Diamond S made cans for the '10 & '11's I'd switch them out just for the lower db's. Noise is really not an issue where we ride in Montana, but no sense pushing our luck!

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
8000 mufflers

Wondering what people like the most. Jaws trail, ggb trail, ssi or speedwerx? Dont want a loud one but one with a little bark.

Our muffler as a dual overlapping mechanical baffle system. It is louder than stock, but not loud like the straight through cans. We quit making the loud mufflers, no high pitch screams with our mufflers.

Both the stainless and the Titanium sound the same. The Titanium is only 2.5 lbs, and the Stainless is only 4.90 lbs. Stock is 20 lbs.

Our stainless muffler is only $199.95, and the stainless is $399.95.

Our mufflers have a deep throaty tone without being too loud. They do sound very nice.

All of our mufflers pass the 88db test that the park services and trail police do.

Attachments

• SSI 12-106T.jpg
    SSI 12-106T.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 48
  • titanium muffler cat.jpg
    titanium muffler cat.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 51
  • titanium muffler cat 2.jpg
    titanium muffler cat 2.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 54
  • ssicatmufflerinstalled-b.jpg
    ssicatmufflerinstalled-b.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 48
  • ssitimuffcat.jpg
    ssitimuffcat.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 51
  • ssicatssscale.jpg
    ssicatssscale.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 48

bk5

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Our muffler as a dual overlapping mechanical baffle system. It is louder than stock, but not loud like the straight through cans. We quit making the loud mufflers, no high pitch screams with our mufflers.

Both the stainless and the Titanium sound the same. The Titanium is only 2.5 lbs, and the Stainless is only 4.90 lbs. Stock is 20 lbs.

Our stainless muffler is only $199.95, and the stainless is $399.95.

Our mufflers have a deep throaty tone without being too loud. They do sound very nice.

All of our mufflers pass the 88db test that the park services and trail police do.

Is your can louder, not as loud, or about the same as a Diamond S can? Been wondering this for awhile but can't seem to find a direct answer.

Super 8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
Is your can louder, not as loud, or about the same as a Diamond S can? Been wondering this for awhile but can't seem to find a direct answer.
Diamond S makes a quiet version and a mountain version. The guy that made these video's didn't specify, but think it's the quiet?
Stock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtQdRPj_wgs
HPS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBzF_EWCAeA
Diamond S https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfytD1VwN44
SPI Titanium https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqp2oovCiws

Last edited:
Premium Features