• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat M7 Reverse (by flatspeed)

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
J
May 8, 2009
This is awesome! Pm sent. This is probably a great option for guys who have done 04-07 sno pro 440 to 700 swaps if they kept the team secondaries the 440 came with.

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
attachment.php

Hey guys, a little update- good and bad news.
The good news first, of course, is that I have helixes in stock now, and they look great!

The bad news is, I've been hearing feedback from a few people about the reverse unit having trouble switching from fwd>reverse and vice versa. (although once it's running in reverse, it's fine) I believe I've narrowed it down to the tuning(timing) for the kickback spark, and should have updated code soon.

What this means is, I will be taking care of those who have these units first, by shipping them new ones with the updated code. This means I won't be selling any for a few weeks until I get everyone sorted out.

Thank you everyone for all the support, you guys have been more than understanding and patient with me, and I'll post up as soon as I am ready to ship more!

Jared

IMG_0023-1.jpg

J
Nov 27, 2016
will take one with helix as soon as your able pm'ed you on Saturday from Kelowna need asap so tired of pulling sled off trailer thanks -jeff

G
Nov 6, 2016
Whats the story on these? What else is needed. I have a 2005 M7 ALL STOCK. How do you know if you need a helix or not? Price for what I meed shipped to 81211?

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
Two code revisions in the latest version.

Update one significantly improves the kickback from forward to reverse, and vice versa. In the prior version it would occasionally die, in this version, it is solid. Still backfires sometimes, although I believe it is because my pipe is getting loaded up going from fwd>rev over and over, without a good rev in between (aka, actually riding the sled).

Second update is the addition of a 60 second timer, in case you leave the sled in reverse, and walk away to put your gear on, drink your coffee etc. -It will automatically switch back to FWD, to prevent an oil starvation situation.

Vid of the latest code, switching back and forth a few times:
https://youtu.be/6o8A2YHXs5Y

Last edited:
D
Oct 30, 2016
Awesome work Man... Really like the timer idea.. That was one of my fears leaving it in reverse by accident well not so much me but if someone else was riding it.... Can't wait to get my updated version

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Finally received my reverse kit yesterday. Long wait but worth the wait. Works good (not quite 100% but close) The sled needs to be fully warmed up. I did get a backfire the first few times. I did find out that if it does stall while trying to engage in reverse do not be quick to pull the rope again, wait a few seconds otherwise you will have the pull rope ripped out of your hands. Kit was easy to install. The hardest part was trying to figure out how to disconnect the plugs on the sleds wiring harness.

Big Dawg 51

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Walla Walla, WA
M7 Reverse

Just want to thank Jared for all of his work to give us M7 owners something special to add on to our sleds. We just finished putting on our last reverse kit. We have done 4 of them. We initially received version 1, and were quickly updated to version 2.

I was the last one of our group to install. Today, I put it on my 2005 M7 Limited with 800 big bore. I could not believe how easy it installed. I also was super impressed with the fit and finish, everything was done top notch on these from the perfect length wiring, heat wrap, took almost an hour to be plug and play.

It worked as promised. Only tried it out in the driveway watching the engine and clutch switch back and forth. Waiting for a little more snow to take it to the hills, next weekend!!!!

Appreciate all your time and effort to make this work as promised.

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
Thanks so much for the kind words!

I was going to mention soon that I have 'version 3' or I guess software version 4 in the works, it is a software update that *should* increase reliability and reduce backfiring. I'm still in the middle of testing it but it looks promising so far.

I'd like to make sure that everyone gets it, even those who are out of the warranty period. Consider it a thank you to early adopters and those that provided valuable feedback.

Big Dawg I realize you just installed the kit but maybe at the end of the season you can pull it off again and I will make sure you guys get 4 of the latest and greatest units. (and everyone else who has a version 1 or 2 non-USB unit). This should be the last time you guys have to install it, as the latest unit can be updated via USB (via. Windows PC)

Cheers!
Jared

Just want to thank Jared for all of his work to give us M7 owners something special to add on to our sleds. We just finished putting on our last reverse kit. We have done 4 of them. We initially received version 1, and were quickly updated to version 2.

I was the last one of our group to install. Today, I put it on my 2005 M7 Limited with 800 big bore. I could not believe how easy it installed. I also was super impressed with the fit and finish, everything was done top notch on these from the perfect length wiring, heat wrap, took almost an hour to be plug and play.

It worked as promised. Only tried it out in the driveway watching the engine and clutch switch back and forth. Waiting for a little more snow to take it to the hills, next weekend!!!!

Appreciate all your time and effort to make this work as promised.

flatspeed

Premium Member
Sep 27, 2012
Sicamous, BC
There’s a usb version??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir. Ive been updating the facebook page a little more than this thread lately, I think there are pics of it there. I will get in touch with you once I have more kits built and get you one as well.

Premium Features