• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How many would want narrower A Arms??

What A Arm width would you prefer?

• Standard width

Votes: 63 54.3%
  • Narrower width

Votes: 53 45.7%

• Total voters
J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
I think if you put narrower a-arms on the pro it will panel out quicker, taking away the advantage it has over the second best handling sled ever made, the Arctic Cat M-Series....

Joe

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I thought that too.. but it wasn't the case when you installed them. The 1" narrower on each side does not cause the "panel out" in deep snow sidehills... even on steep slopes. I also compared that to the wider Assault a-arms compared to the std. The assault does not hold the side hill any better, and for me, it took more effort to get the sled on edge.

If there are cons to the narrow stance it would be that they give up slight stability in high speed trail cornering, landing from drops and RMSHA type of climbing where you want a really stable base. But the maneuvering advantages for me outweigh any of these consideration.. again...for me.

8emup

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Utah
I talked to Dan at Alternative Impact about his A Arms, he said he may do a narrower ski stance for the PRO's if there is enough interest, how many guys would prefer a little narrower ski stance??

What are you thinking maybe 37" front end? Did Dan suggest a width?

Premium Features