• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Injectors for Proclimb 800

S
Aug 24, 2009
Boise, ID
Just trying to come up with some ideas as I'd like to build my own turbo kit. Most kits I've had and ran, run an auxiliary injector set up. I believe it's because the stock injector can't deliver enough fuel under boost? Has anyone tried upgrading the stock injectors for larger ones instead of adding another set?

rcr1978

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Spring Creek NV
Just trying to come up with some ideas as I'd like to build my own turbo kit. Most kits I've had and ran, run an auxiliary injector set up. I believe it's because the stock injector can't deliver enough fuel under boost? Has anyone tried upgrading the stock injectors for larger ones instead of adding another set?

Unless you are starting over with a standalone ECM/or a tuneable stock one on a dyno it's just not worth the time to mess with. You have all sorts of issues to sort out, injector dead time, idle issues with not being to pull enough pulse width out, accelerator pump issues, baro/temp issues with pulling/adding fuel and the list goes on. Also you have to think now you have to have a place, time, and a easy way to tune on the hill so that also adds to the headache then on top of all that throw a burndown in the mix to :juggle:.

Unless you have the experiance with real life tuning and a way to tune in house not in the field stick with auxiliary injectors and a user friendly fuel box or spend the money for a proven setup.

S
Aug 24, 2009
Boise, ID
Unless you are starting over with a standalone ECM/or a tuneable stock one on a dyno it's just not worth the time to mess with. You have all sorts of issues to sort out, injector dead time, idle issues with not being to pull enough pulse width out, accelerator pump issues, baro/temp issues with pulling/adding fuel and the list goes on. Also you have to think now you have to have a place, time, and a easy way to tune on the hill so that also adds to the headache then on top of all that throw a burndown in the mix to :juggle:.

Unless you have the experiance with real life tuning and a way to tune in house not in the field stick with auxiliary injectors and a user friendly fuel box or spend the money for a proven setup.

That makes sense. I figured if pretty much every aftermarket turbo company out there is running an auxiliary injectors there had to be a reason why. Thanks rcr1978 for input, very helpful. Will be doing a set of auxiliary injectors when I start this build.

Does anyone know what most turbo company's are running for auxiliary injectors? Flow rates, cc's, brand, impedance?

Last edited:

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
I built my own turbo kit and i use the boost it box and all it does is control your extra injectors . Your stock ecu does all it normally does. While it may be considered hard to build your own kit it seemed not to bad to me and my set up ripps And i can give you the number off my secondary injectors if you want i think there about 47 each. Al;so the cat injectors on the older m 8s were from a toyota celica i beleive and can be bought for arounf 50 or 60 each or 460 or some crazy thing from cat

Last edited:
Premium Features