• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Knee pads/shin guards

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Looking at getting a set of knee pads/shin guards for 2018. Anyone have any recommendations? Any to stay away from? I have very skinny legs at 6'2 165.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I would first try the Polaris console knee pads. They are for the Pro, so to make them fit right, they just need to be trimmed a bit. Once there on, they work and you really don't notice them. I had a set of Skinz console pads in the past but they were attached with velcro and didn't care for those to much.

As far as actual shin guards, I've tried a few and everything seemed to interfere with my boots. I now just picked up a set of BCA shin guards and those are a little shorter and are suppose to work with snowmobile boots.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Do your bibs/pants have pockets for kneepads? Most high end bibs/pants do. If so, I've been rockin' Caterpillar kneepads and they work awesome. Keeps your knees warm when kneeling around the lunch campfire too. They cost about $10 a pair.

I also have pads on my sled. My mountain sled has a cut up traction pad from a surfboard, but my other sleds have SledNeeZ pads that you can buy on Ebay for about $16.

cat_pads.jpg

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I have knee pads from Sledtred on my sled that rock, I think they are just hydroturf with a thicker backing.

Looking more for something to save me from getting tore up on the running board on a hard impact. BCA pads look decent. I see fly flex 2s look similar and are half the price, but possibly too long.

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I've been using these from Fox for years:

TITANSPORTKNEE.png

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I like my BCA shin guards when I have thicker layers underneath (they rubbed my skin raw if I have a thin layer).

Also have the Fox Titan Pro for the rest of the time. Those are awesome!!

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
had thor force guards for years, I was in the market for new guards this season, tried the new fox, was not a fan. tried the new Leatt dual axis, fit awesome, and you don't realize they are on after a few minutes. highly recommend them. ski

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
had thor force guards for years, I was in the market for new guards this season, tried the new fox, was not a fan. tried the new Leatt dual axis, fit awesome, and you don't realize they are on after a few minutes. highly recommend them. ski

I like the looks of those, and size options are a good thing for little legs. Do you tuck them in your boots or do they sit above them?

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
I put my base, and mid layers on, then the guards. the leatts fit above the top of my klim, and hmk boots (no tucking required). they are long, if you used them with motocross boots, you may have to tuck them in the top. Ski

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Thanks for all the info guys, I am gonna try the Leatts and go from there. I'll report back after getting on the snow with them.

Premium Features