• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ater a season of testing, Axys Pro gearing ok?

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
Are people happy with the newer gearing of the axys pros? Are the TKI's and Kurt's kits worth the upgrade? I'm leaning towards a 600 Pro for next year and have heard good things about gearing down to 2.41 on the 12-15s since it was such a difference from 2.09. But is it worth 800 bucks to go to 2.41 from 2.23?

MountainFanatic

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2012
Wa
I love my gearing on the 3". I've always geared my sleds way down though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Are people happy with the newer gearing of the axys pros? Are the TKI's and Kurt's kits worth the upgrade? I'm leaning towards a 600 Pro for next year and have heard good things about gearing down to 2.41 on the 12-15s since it was such a difference from 2.09. But is it worth 800 bucks to go to 2.41 from 2.23?

Once you have the TKI it is sooo easy to jump back and forth on the gearing less than a 5 minute job.
Depending on the snow conditions we here @ WMP swap back and forth from the 2.23 to the 2.42 ..again depending on the snow conditions.. most of us are running the 2.6 163 on our axys and have changed the drivers from the 7's to the 8's for the better and flatter approach angle and still have more than needed tunnel clearance.
A drop and roll kit is coming soon to allow the 3.2 track to run with 8's
To answer yes, it is worth the $ to have a full 3/4 wrap on the gates belt and a tensioner to be a bit kinder on the jack shaft bearing also.

S/C

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Ditto ^^^

A friend has a 163 by 3 Axys that he put a 174 Camoplast track on. He still geared it up for better track speed. My observation is that the 3" Polaris Axys is geared too low. I am very happy with the gearing and the belt drive on my Axys 2.6. It dramatically outperforms my 13 that I had an X3 track on.

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
A friend has a 163 by 3 Axys that he put a 174 Camoplast track on. He still geared it up for better track speed. My observation is that the 3" Polaris Axys is geared too low. I am very happy with the gearing and the belt drive on my Axys 2.6. It dramatically outperforms my 13 that I had an X3 track on.
What is he getting for track speed now, and what gearing did he go with?

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Yesterday I got a chance to compare my sled (3" Pro RMK) to a 16 Assault with a 2.6(20/40 chain case) and a 16 Pro RMK 163 with 2.6" QD belt drive. All riders swapped back and forth and we all came to the same conclusion, my sled had the best throttle response and feel through out the entire RPM. Main difference between the sleds was gearing. And I have had great luck with my clutch belt life this year, 850 miles on one belt which is a personal best. I absolutely love the lower gearing. It keeps my clutches cooler since they're not having to work as hard in the steep n deep. Anyways this was my experience with as close to back to back comparison of all the different options polaris offers.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
What is he getting for track speed now, and what gearing did he go with?

Not sure. I did not ask him specific gearing questions. I just know that he geared it up. He is pulling the heavy 174 Camoplast X3 track very well with it. However, he has an SLP pipe, porting and head on it too. He wants to put the new Polaris 174 track on it since it is likely to be lighter than the Camoplast track.

Premium Features