• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

13' PRO & MTNTK Full Mod??

H

Hopfarmer

Oct 6, 2012
Idaho Falls
Ok ..... So I have been hearing rumbling about problems showing up with the pistons on the new PRO's. So I am thinking about going with the MTNTK full mod kit. Just wondering who all has run this kit and what are your thoughts. I really want plug and play performance. I don't want to have to tinker and mess with it. I want straight forward programming and easy clutch adjustments. Plus I live within 60 mins of Ashton so using their setup should be spot on. Thoughts??

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
There is a guy on snow and mud. Running one. He said stock motor ran 10 series 62g. Mtntk full mod. 10 series 66g. And over rev. He Thinks he will end up with 68g after motor is broke in.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I'll be installing one here in a couple of weeks. I have been running and installing their Fix Kit's since 2010. ZERO issues and always better running motors.

And especially considering you living close to them....he!! yes.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Don't say want springs or helix. Just same set up as stock motor just added the weight of the mod motor.

U
Nov 29, 2007
Don't say want springs or helix. Just same set up as stock motor just added the weight of the mod motor.

Re: Pro big bore decision
this is what MTNTK recommended and what i em running now. 11-66 gram weights, stock polaris primary spring, team tied secondary with a 73-63. 46 helix with a team black yellow spring. my gearing is 19/43 and i have a new dual durometer peak 163 2.5. I think there is a bit left on the top end. but the new mapping needs more time, i would like ot try some 10-66 weights with a different primary spring to see how the shift out would compare. time will tell.

Audette13

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Re: Pro big bore decision
this is what MTNTK recommended and what i em running now. 11-66 gram weights, stock polaris primary spring, team tied secondary with a 73-63. 46 helix with a team black yellow spring. my gearing is 19/43 and i have a new dual durometer peak 163 2.5. I think there is a bit left on the top end. but the new mapping needs more time, i would like ot try some 10-66 weights with a different primary spring to see how the shift out would compare. time will tell.

Updated clutching on this sled. We changed out his secondary spring last night to a red/black spring. (MTNTK said the team black/yellow for spring heavy/wet snow)Use the red/black spring for more mid season powder conditions. Also have his helix at 73-61 .46 now. Primary spring is black/pink and still running 10-66's.

Last edited:
H

Hopfarmer

Oct 6, 2012
Idaho Falls
I was really hoping to hear a true impression from someone who has run one of these Full Mod kits. I have heard nothing but good stuff about their fix kits and about the reliability of their turbo kits. I guess I'll contact them and see if we can work a deal for some R&D work on my sled and then I'll post thoughts and impressions of their kit on here. If the rumors are true there will be more of us looking for options for a great rebuild kit. Plus I'd rather rebuild mine before it burns down.

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
I only have 35 km of testing so far and all i can say is it has alot of bottom end and mid range power. i think there is still some performance to be gained on the top end with some clutching adjustments, but over all its seems strong. MAX RPM is 7950. I might go down to Revelstoke the weekend if it snows a bunch. ill post some more results after that.

IowaM1000

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2007
Ok thanks for the update. Not a whole lot of info about that setup and was just curious how it worked

Premium Features