• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Use Brake on Handle bar or Rear Foot Brake

T

torkd

Oct 9, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I didn't even try using the foot pedal. I mounted up the long brake line and use the front brake lever. I think the pedal would ice up and not work the best but I have no real experience with it. I rarely use the brake anyway engine braking works almost better then locking up the track.

C
Feb 25, 2012
Alberta
I use the foot brake. I wasn't sure how it would work when I first put on the kit but have rode 12 times on it and it works fine, never had an issue with the pedal icing up, I have never used a handbrake. Was wanting the brake lever at first but probably won't bother, my kit never came with a brake line like the new ones and I am used to the foot brake. Like most things, personal preference.

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Hand brake! While personal preference is true with this as with many "mods" you can't deny the hand brakes effectiveness when sidehilling downhill with the hill on your right side AND when loading your bike from a ramp. You'll see what I mean the first time you go down the ramp backwards cause you can't grab a foot brake.

C
Feb 25, 2012
Alberta
Hand brake! While personal preference is true with this as with many "mods" you can't deny the hand brakes effectiveness when sidehilling downhill with the hill on your right side AND when loading your bike from a ramp. You'll see what I mean the first time you go down the ramp backwards cause you can't grab a foot brake.

LOL!
I agree about going down the ramp backwards.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
That is what I figured as like when dirt biking when it is a tight downhill and you want the rear brake...plus mine is a yz250 so no engine braking...thanks for the feedback, my buddy who went out the other day on his 2014 450 yamaha had a blast and loved it and he used the rear brake to the rear foot brake and likes it...and he said the engine does the majority of the work...like 4 strokes...cheers dave

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
Rush is right. Handbrake is the way to go. Only a footbrake line came with my 2013 kit last year so I rode it awhile. It's also hard to modulate (feel) your braking power with your foot. I was often locking the track and stalling the eng.

F

Freeride1

Dec 13, 2007
New Hampshire
The main reason I was thinking I want a foot brake was for tapping the brake in the air to drop the nose. I don't feel comfortable grabbing my "front"brake in the air.

T

torkd

Oct 9, 2013
Alberta, Canada
The main reason I was thinking I want a foot brake was for tapping the brake in the air to drop the nose. I don't feel comfortable grabbing my "front"brake in the air.

Haha I get the same feeling every time I start heading down a steep hill and go to grab it, have to remind myself where it's connected.

Premium Features