• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

slp stage 2 kits for a 2010 m8

X
Jan 10, 2011
I'll bump this for you as I too would like to get some first hand feedback.

The only thing I've been told is if you plan to do a turbo don't go the SLP route.

If there's no turbo in your future I don't see how you can go wrong with a 9hp gain and 18lb loss. (Going off memory on those #'s but I know I'm close)

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
http://www.startinglineproducts.com...struction&catalogID=2&catID=80&productID=1514

Copied from SLP site:

This stage combines an SLP Single Pipe Set, High Flow™ Intake Kit, Power Commander V, and an SLP Clutch Kit for greater performance, lighter weight, and maximum horsepower transfer to the ground. Experience an additional 8.9 horsepower, 18.5 lbs lighter weight and super throttle response.

Price tag says $1309.70

I have the SLP pipe set (on my 09) and it really is a nice unit. One of the most noticeable charatoristics of the system is the weight off the nose of the sled.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
The majority of the weight savings is from the can like stated above. Those with the SLP on the 2010-2011 M8 seem to really like them. The weight savings in conjuntion with the HP gain make it a good mod. I would also check out the single pipes from D&D, Mountain Master Pipe.

Stack

B
Jan 20, 2009
I've been eyeing that pipe from D&D D&D said you dont need a fuel controller so that has me a little hesitant. Also it said the pipe has a small centre to build heat for throttle response?? I thought heat was bad?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Depends on different factors when talking heat, but from my experience of riding from 3000-12000ft slp has been the most reliable performer. If you where to ride one compared to a stocker you would want it.
If you can tune add a bdx intake and loose a lot more weight and you will be very happy.

Y

yamahahaha

Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
I have the stage 2 kit on my sled and it works great. You do have to shim the spider wich to run there weights and you have to run octane booster depending on elevation or race fuel. The change is noticeable not only in performance but the weight savings. Its also noticeably cleaner.

S
Nov 30, 2007
cda, idaho
thanks for the reply's...

new thought...

stage 1 which is a different can, air intake and some different clutching, not really a horsepower gain, but a weight drop of 13 lbs and add a different track?

or just do the whole stage 2 set up? and leave the stock track?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I have the stage 2 kit on my sled and it works great. You do have to shim the spider wich to run there weights and you have to run octane booster depending on elevation or race fuel. The change is noticeable not only in performance but the weight savings. Its also noticeably cleaner.

Get MDS weights and get better performance with the option to change weight quickly, slp could of made there weights to fit and made them so you have to change things costing more money, pi$$es me off. I modified mine so they would fit but I like the MDS better.

/i'm personally leaning toward the d&d set up, I dont want to run a fuel box

The SLP is the better performer unless you are under 3000ft then I can't say from experience, and I wouldn't trust it anyway without a fuel box.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
The SLP is the better performer unless you are under 3000ft then I can't say from experience, and I wouldn't trust it anyway without a fuel box.

My SLP riding 0-2500ft works awesome. I ran it for the first 500 miles without a controller and it was flawless. Lots of midrange power and the weight reduction was very noticeable. I run a controller now for piece of mind and addition of other mods. But I had no issues below 3000ft.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
My SLP riding 0-2500ft works awesome. I ran it for the first 500 miles without a controller and it was flawless. Lots of midrange power and the weight reduction was very noticeable. I run a controller now for piece of mind and addition of other mods. But I had no issues below 3000ft.

on a 2010 m8

Premium Features