• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

REV VS. XP

$
Feb 11, 2010
Rigby, ID
Right now i have a 2007 summit 800r. I was thinking about selling it to get an XP. I was just wondering what you guys would do in this situation.

Last edited:
S
Oct 17, 2001
Milwaukee
I assume 8009 is the miles on the sled?

at that point you have to decide what you think your sled is worth to a cash buyer & then add what you think it will take to freshen it up. If that number is significantly less than a new(er) XP, then keep. If it is close to even or slightly more to upgrade, I'd upgrade.

S
Feb 14, 2011
Rexburg, ID
You thinking about snow checking or buying used? The new etek engines are probably one of the best motors on the snow and though not a ton has changed for 2012, you can get up to a 3 year warranty. Either way, you can't go wrong with either sled but I would go with the XP if you're rev has been used. There's nothin like a new machine!

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
The revs are a great machine. Probably a little more nimble than the xp for carving, sidehilling, throwing around, etc. I think the XP gets up on the snow WAY better though. I find the XP is almost hard to get stuck. There is a lot of forgiveness at the top of a climb on an xp when you turn out. The rev wont be nearly as forgiving.

Just my humble opinion. You cant go wrong with either. If you are going to mod a rev I would recommend a drop and roll. A buddy I ride with has the done and his sled rips.

hockeyb4

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Bozeman, MT
once you put some time in on an XP you won't want to ride anything else but it takes a while one day on it will not give you a good impression. Take a little time to adjust to the different chassis you will love it. With the e-tec and everything else you can't go wrong

Hanging in there
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
somewhere in South East Idaho
I can off a rev and hated my 09 XP 163 for the first 300 miles due to the different style you have to ride it but now I wouldn't trade it for anything!! truely a step in the right direction!!

F
Nov 26, 2007
I sold my 07 rev and bought an 08 xp,hated it,did suspension and ski updates,still don't care for it.I ride with yamaha,s Revs, Cats an etech and a new poo,I personally would take the poo or the cat over my xp or the etech.Just the way I ride I guess.:face-icon-small-coo(I have owned 9 Ski doos)

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
If I was in your shoes right now I would freshen it up with a new Crank and an 860BB kit from Kelsey.

Those 07's with an 860 in them haul the mail.

X2, mine hauls the mail fairily well :)

Any sled I have to force my self to like is not for me. Before I bought my Rev I rode an XP all day to decide which way I wanted to go, Rev or XP? I went with the Rev, maybe If I had rode the XP for a few days the outcome may have been different? I know the Rev just felt natural to me.

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
I owned a 2007 XRS 151" Rev, and I loved the sled. I traded it last spring on a 2011 Summit X - E-Tec 154", and I haven't once said "I wish I had my 07 back". They are both great sleds though, you can't go wrong either way.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
7 rides into my xp and lovein it more and more every time i ride it. it is just as nimble as my 06 was,,,,, with more power and floats on the snow better.

$
Feb 11, 2010
Rigby, ID
I have ridden the XP and love it so much. I was just wondering if you guys think the extra money is worth it. Have you XP owners had any problems with yours. Thanks for the input.

J
Feb 11, 2009
california
:face-icon-small-hapCurrenty i ride and still have my 09 xp and LOVE it, a few small upgrades,stock motor 2600 miles still on the same top end. I have had no promblems with this sled run it hard and put it away wet. I will be doing something this summer with the motor, i want at least 190hp out of it,ill wait for another year or two to see what happends if they come out with something completely different.:focus:

Premium Features