• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker Turbo Pro 3D mapping test ride.

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
Ok took the two Pro sleds out on Sat my goal was to see how far we can push the system and what boost we can get away with & how close the numbers were ect,ect. The two sleds are setup the exact same one is pulling 75Grams the other 74Grams bolth 163 Tracks one running a 50/50 mix of non-ethonal and AV gas AKA 100LL fuel the other is on 100% Av gas. ALL DET sensors were in place and running as normal no head mods were made as well to keep the low end grunt

They day started out with the EBC set at low boost around 6.5lbs at 6500ft it was pulling 8,050 and as we were going up the trail the EBC was adding boost perfectly as it should ALT comp mode was on I did notice on low boost the 100% AV gas mix was a little and I mean a (little) rich on the low end when off of boost going through the tight spots in the trail and trees. So there is a extra (off of boost) map in the box in the (extra) menu I took the MED and HIGH numbers down 5 on each setting this made it crisp even in the slow 3mph then cob the throttle creek crossings the 50/50 mix sled did not need this but I still took fuel away in this menu.

Once we got up to around 7800ft we took them up to 9lbs and 2lbs on the PTP button again everything was perfect RPM’s were now hitting a solid 8150 and 8220 on the button. On the 50/50 sled I sold my EBC as a customer needed one next day aired so I had to dig up a old boost T with the knob system and let me tell you I would never go back. What a PITA to turn the knob and try and watch the needle and as you go up the mountain the boost goes down as you go down it goes up if you need more boost you turn the knob and hope you hit the mark back before the EBC that was all we had so it seemed ok but now its amazing how technology can spoil you. With the EBC all day it was set it and forget it he also put 4lbs in the button at one point and it just works flawless and has done so all year long.

On the longer pulls I was showing a 11.3 max boost record in the BD box on the 50/50 mix and at the very top of a long pull I can feel the sled drop a touch of power at one point I did back to back pulls WOT on a long hill and was able to hit the DET. The 100% AV gas sled never seen the DET code even when 12lbs but I feel the strong need for the intercooler past 10-11lbs. BD has been testing a few prototypes but it’s not as simple as bolting up a cooler and bolting a fan on or plumbing it into your cooling system they are watching the charge temps and with watching those charge temps the ADA system needs to work perfect to get the most out of an intercooler so they will not release it till it’s right but they have 3 R&D sleds and many more testers so it will also have ample ride time before it hits the market.

Overall big thanks to Jarred and the guys at BD I know allot of fuel was burned and allot of days away from home and family were spent.
By the looks of the film I need to carry a tri-pod for the pops to film and with a dislocated shoulder from 2 weeks ago it was a struggle to even ride so go easy on me hope to get more good footage soon .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOFESnuIHPY

Last edited:
K

Kestrel2126

Nov 17, 2009
Grand Jct, CO
So other than clutching, I have done everything that Justin has suggested to get my sled running. Was up today, and it is RIDICULOUS! Taking fuel out of the EXTRA screen really cleaned up the bottom, and some off the top got my R's up where they needed to be. Started out the day on 6.5 PSI, and then stepped to 7.5 pretty quick. ROde most of the day at 8.5 and it was money. Running 50/50, AV gas, 91, and never hit the Det sensor. Stock clutching with the 10-68's is pretty good, but I agree that it could be significantly better, so I will again be following advice from Justin and try his set up out. If I was closer I would come in to Code Red, and introduce myself, but I don't so........THANKS a ton man. Anyone who has the ability to utilize his shop/dealership, would be lucky (and smart) to do so. It says a lot, how helpful he has been to me, w/o knowing me personally or getting any benefit from doing so.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Got the new 3d mapping in my wife's pro. Rode it on friday and it runs awesome. Took her out on Saturday and she asked me what I did to it. I thought she was meaning I wrecked it. I told her I didn't do anything to it. I asked her what was wrong and she said it felt like it was 100 pounds lighter. I told her it was the new mapping so it was running way better and making it feel lighter. 8.4 pounds with a little av and it is just flat out fun.

Premium Features