• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

what the easiest way to fit triple pipes in a rev chassis

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
I am going to assume you have a tripple motor in there? What motor?

Obviously unless you change the motor there is no need for the pipes. I saw a guy cram a thundercat motor in the REV.

T

trevor_zr600

Jan 8, 2008
its a yamaha 700 red head triple im wondering what to do for pipes should i have a set built or buy some pipes and modify to fit if thats the case end dumps or centerdumps i can get a set of centerdump power inc pipes very cheap right in my own town

also one more question is the rear cooler enough cooling for an engine or how do they cool the 809's

T

trevor_zr600

Jan 8, 2008
its guys like you that ruin this sport for other people just drop the sled off at a shop and line someones pockets with 100 dollar bills i bet you dont even know how to take you own belt off.

TRIPLESWILLNEVERDIE!

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2008
Northwest, MT
Way to tell em off Trevor!:beer;:beer;:beer;
I dont think the Power inc's would be your best choice. When they are installed in the Yam chassis they take up a lot of room up in the front of the nosepan area. Would be a nightmare to fit in a REV chassis. PSI would be your best choice. Aaen wouldn't be too bad either. How long is the tunnel cooler? Any engine mods? Compression? big bore? If the red head is stock it wont require much to keep cool.

T

trevor_zr600

Jan 8, 2008
the engine is basically stock gonna have a bit of porting done to it maybe some reed and definatly pipes the cooler is the one that is a bit shorter than the renegade compression wise i have no idea i just picked the engine up last night the guy said he peeled part of the head gasket off

B

Barrett

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 11, 2008
MB
phone JAWS,and buy the 809 pipes, tell them you want to use them with a 700 cc Yami engine, and they will install smaller stingers.chances are they dont have the jigs to fab the headers for the yami - so that will be the only moding you need to do to them. my.02

D
Jan 17, 2009
GF, MT
call jaws im sure they can build what you want they build yamaha pipes and 809machz pipes to fita rev so im sure they can build what you want but i know they are not cheap
good luck and have fun building

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
NPP in edmonton is your best choice. Probly the only guy that can make you the correct pipes and fit them in properly.

Premium Features