• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kmod 37” install help

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
Kmod 37” install help

I bought sled used and just want to make sure I have upper a arm to spindle hardware in correct order. Aluminum bushing slide in from top through ball joint and then aluminum spacer goes between ball joint and spindle. Is this correct? Also do you use factory washer in between said aluminum spacer and spindle? And also do you use factory washer between lower nut and spindle?

I searched raptor and kmod websites for instructions and couldn’t find an answer. Thanks

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Here's a pic of the KMOD 37 on my sled. The spacer goes in the upper a-arm ball joint from the bottom, next is the spacer, then the stock washer. The bolt on the upper a-arm sits directly on the ball joint.

Yes, use the stock washers.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Kevin now has a new spacer for the upper a-arm ball joint that is thicker and no longer requires the separate spacer.

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
Interesting. I just sourced this hardware straight from Kevin last week and he sent me the old style.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Interesting. I just sourced this hardware straight from Kevin last week and he sent me the old style.

One is not better than the other, just different and fewer parts to deal with.

P.S. I posted that just in case those that get the new bushing upper a-arm bushings don't wonder if they are missing some pieces.

Last edited:
Premium Features