• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09-11 M Rails on an 06 M7

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
I purchased a pair of 09 Style rails since my rails were cracked on my 06 M7. I am in the process of swapping and notice that mounting locations are back just under 1" for the arms. There is no hole for the rear shock/wheels to mount but would be easy enough to drill and there is obviously no hole for the springs since they are floats, but its in an iffy location to drill. Just wondering if anybody else has done this. Also Ice Age lists all M series rails to be the same so I'm thinking I should be fine. Just looking for opinions before I have to sell these.

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
you should be fine. take your old ones and lay them on top to mark your newer rails. Might be worth updating to float suspension at the same time. If you have enough material around the holes that you are drilling there shouldnt be a problem. Also keep all, if not more braces running down the new rails. they are weaker then the m7s.

J

Jordo

Nov 3, 2009
Stillwater,MN
The hole locations are different on the 09-11 rails my buddy did the same thing and had to drill new holes in the rails. dont know why Ice Age says that. I even think the new 12 rails are alil different location compared to the 09-11 rails as well.

J

Jordo

Nov 3, 2009
Stillwater,MN
you should be fine. take your old ones and lay them on top to mark your newer rails. Might be worth updating to float suspension at the same time. If you have enough material around the holes that you are drilling there shouldnt be a problem. Also keep all, if not more braces running down the new rails. they are weaker then the m7s.

Yes very true i bent my 10 rails right in the middle and now I bought 2 more of the braces to stiffen it up.

03Firecatguy

Mar 12, 2011
Aberdeen SD
There isn't much material around where the spring goes on, but that one shouldnt see the abuse that the others will with the shocks and wheels. I will be adding more braces also. Any pics of your buddies that had to drill the holes. I would really like to see where his spring location ended up. Thanks alot

Premium Features