• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PROCLIMB Primary with Bearing

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
Was wondering how many have changed the primary clutch on their 2016 or 2017 Proclimbs to the newer primary clutch with the bearing? How much of a performance difference did you see and how difficult was the swap to get the alignment right? Also where can you get the best deal for the clutch and belt?

Thanks

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I put one on my 2014. Engagement is smoother and low end response is good. I can't say it's enough to warrant changing the clutch and belts if you already have a good working setup. Maybe it's more noticeable on a stock sled than my big bore? If you're due for a rebuild or replacement then it's worth upgrading.

Deanearl

Lifetime Membership
Oct 4, 2009
Thanks Boondocker, that is kind of what I was wondering, as to if the performance difference was worth the money for the upgrade or not.

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
Personally, it was my favourite mod.

I had to add 2 spacers to align clutches, different size spacers, I don’t remember the thicknesses sorry.

R

ropinsno

Jan 1, 2009
Montana
I really liked mine, ended up going back to the stock alignment to get it to work right. There was a noticeable improvement, but really came alive with MDS weights.

Premium Features