• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Track Poll 2.5 Power Claw??

Power Claw Track which tracks would you buy?

• Total voters

Superduty348

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
BC
The powderclaw is a good but sucks going down the steep hills and its too bad its only 2" tall , it does good for a 2" when you are riding with guys with taller paddled tracks.It would be nice to see a actual 2.5" tall powderclaw .Went to the CE 2.5 this year but I did like the pwdrclw.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
I was not as disappointed in the p claw as I thought I would be. Mine is the 85 duro , maybe that's why it worked better in braking? I'm not one who likes crazy carpet braking and I was expecting to be pulling this track off ASAP. It climbed right with doos with 2.5s. I also liked the way the fingers worked in bad hardpack and ice. I dunno. I'm having a hard time deciding between a 2.5 extreme and a 85 duro 2.6 pc

B

BoxStock

Mar 25, 2008
Friend mine took and removed the fingers behind the paddles on his 2.25 PC and ported it. It outclimbed everyone, he gained track speed, rev's. I will doing this with mine next year as well. He lost 3 pounds of rotating mass.

rockymtnboy

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2010
gods country, bc
i am not trying to be a smart a?# here, i reallly believe that the people who think that the pc is a good track(i was one off them) havent had a chance to ride a ce yet. i have a friend with the identical sled. we were dead even in every respect. i put the ce on my sled and it was game over for him. in the trees, on the flat, straight pulls, and every situation we have tested. the first day he rear end my sled while we were playing in the trees b/c he could get stopped where i had in a tight spot. ce is amazing. i have a buddy who just put a "peaks" on that is saying very good things about it too, havent seen it for myself though.

WaBackcountry

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Orondo, WA
I agree 100%. I hate the powderclaw. Can't wait to have another CamoExtreme under my sled this season. But a large group of people seem to like it so Cat keeps selling it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
A
Sep 18, 2008
fernie
for me I cant think of a better track the the pc.
I think it is at home in real technical tree riding and as far as braking goes I dont often brake with the track anymore its all flopping the sled on its side and stuffing the a arm into the snow ....works great and you can control were you end up much better then skidding down the mt.

S

snowrdr

Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
Swapping mine for a Camo Extreme. For our snow out and down here the Powderclaw is just poor for steep tree lined downhill runs. There is something to be said for not being on a toboggan. While tree's are for traction, braking they have a tendency to cause some damage.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
What is the durometer of the CE? How well does it work in set-up firm snow? Our snow is known as Sierra Cement...

Last edited:

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
This is a weird one to bump ;)

I can't compare to a 2.6 PC but the 2.5 CE I have works great around here. It floats really well under high rpms in fresh and digs in really well on setup tracks. The whole reason I got it was because I do a lot of shuttle laps for skiing and the pc soft duro was just scraping along on worn in tracks without getting a good purchase. I'm glad I did.

And yeah I'm on the north end of the lake so........same snow.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
I think it's a no brainer. Last year I ran the 2.6 PC track and loved it. Had 2 CE 2.5's 163 and 1 CE 2.5 174, , IMO the PC is way better in all facets. I'd never go back.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
I still think the 2.6 pc is a great mtn track. But my mtn days might be getting limited. I still want a capable mtn sled but the pc sucks in the flat lands. It spins too much. I've thought about a peaks if they make a 3.0 pitch or even cutting the tipped back portion of the pc off. I think that would make a killer hard pack track but I wonder if it will ruin the track in deeper snow

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
141 track

Really wish the 2.6 PC or even the Challenger extreme were offered at a 141" length... anyone know what it would take to get a 2.5" 144 to fit in a Cat HC?

IN MY2017 AC made a M8000 SnoPro in a 141 with a 2.6 PC 80 duro; AC part# 2602 893 $995 retail!!:face-icon-small-coo $680 @ Country Cat, cheaper than the 141x2.25!!!

Last edited:
Premium Features