• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xlt seat help

M
Nov 27, 2007
bonney lake
i have a 97? xlt touring sled with a 2 up seat that my wife rides. and the seat is getting messed up so i want to change it out to a regular seat. so can i take the seat and gas tank off and cut the seat off the tank and just put a new seat on. or do i have to do the seat and tank together? what ever way does anyone have one? thanks

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Get as much fuel out of the tank as possible, remove seat, drain more gas out, turn seat over and remove all the staples holding the seat fabric to the plastic seat base then remove the seat fabric and foam. At this point you can get replacement foam and fabric from Polaris or go to a good upholstery firm and have them fix the seat up how ever you want it. Invest in an electric staple gun if you reattach the fabric yourself.

F

fordpickupman

Oct 28, 2009
Cascade, Idaho
Or.....

find a used one. or upgrade to a new seat and tank. If you were close to Cascade, ID I would give you my '93 XLT seat tank combo

M
Nov 27, 2007
bonney lake
well i removed the old one and things went well until i realized the heat exchanger on the 2 up is alot larger so if i went with a regular seat it would stick out. so now the fun starts

Premium Features