• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

36" A Arm kit with 3.93" of Forward-offset

T
I have seen a lot of the different narrow a-arm kits on the market for the pro rmks but I don't think I have ever seen these before. I recently upgraded to the pro chassis, coming off a dragon 700, and have been researching some of the common upgrades that have been done to the pros. This Pro is night and day difference between my previous sled but from what I have read it sounds like a pro with a narrow a-arm kit is even easier to ride. I found this a-arm kit on ebay and it looks to be a Canandian company. I can't seem to find anything about these a-arms other than what they say on ebay. The design looks similar to what Skinz has done with there concept a-arms. The a-arms give the sled a 36" ski stance along with moving the spindles 3.93" forward. Would like to hear if anyone has seen these or have ridden this set up before. Not sure what brand they are but the decal sticker says STS and Solodkov Technologies for snowmobiles. Here are some pictures and the ebay ad.

zzzzzzzzz_zpsxjwwutd2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

zzzzzzz_zpsxbwkz0wb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

zzzzz_zpspw0l44ou.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

zzz_zpsmdp56qn0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

zzzzzzzzzzz_zpsw0putnsg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-Arm-full-kit-fits-Snowmobile-Polaris-pro-RMK-36-Forward-offset-3-93-inches-/262175624167?fits=Model%3APro+RMK+800&hash=item3d0ae28be7:g:TFwAAOSwf-VWZxrP&vxp=mtr

Overthehood

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2016
This is intriguing to me based on the improvement the 16 cat has over the 15s. I wonder if this wouldn't help the Polaris with its diving issues on down hill turns. Do you have any links to the manufacturer...? I couldn't find them?

T
No I have no clue what the actual brand is for these a-arms. That's what I am trying to find out. There is a decal on the arms but I have search for the manufacturer and have found nothing. I would think the spindles being moved forward would make the sled even more predictable in technical terrain. I would love to find out more about these a-arms and if anyone has ever ridden on these arms before.

Overthehood

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2016
Really, no one knows anything about these? The difference on the 16 cat is huge.... Just seems like this would help the Axys's only flaw, just a little too much dive on downhill turns. Opinions.... Anyone??

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
Here you go:

http://www.sts-snowmobile.ru/

Have Google translate the page for you. Looks interesting. I've never had the downhill dive issue with my 36" arms, but I also have the RMK Assault with heavier springs. I do like the idea that your stock shocks would probably fit without having to cut them down. The Ebay listing says they are 11 pounds. That seems like a lot.

Get a set and let us know how they perform.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
So there Russian ???

"Strong like Russian Bear" and comes with a bottle of Vodka......:face-icon-small-hap

G

gdhillon

Nov 29, 2012
Prince George BC
381 CAD, not bad considering the dollar right now

Last time I priced out alt impact 'levers' it was about 620CAD

I am excited to hear some reviews from these things!

T
Here you go:

http://www.sts-snowmobile.ru/

Have Google translate the page for you. Looks interesting. I've never had the downhill dive issue with my 36" arms, but I also have the RMK Assault with heavier springs. I do like the idea that your stock shocks would probably fit without having to cut them down. The Ebay listing says they are 11 pounds. That seems like a lot.

Get a set and let us know how they perform.

Thanks for the link. They look interesting. I'll let you guys know if I get a set. It looks like they use the stock shocks but I don't see a sway bar mount on the lower arms. If that is the case I would think the stock coils would be too soft without the sway bar. So next would be a shock upgrade or at the very least getting some stiffer coils. Has anyone used stiffer coils on their stock shocks? And if so what options are out there. Thanks again for the info.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Thanks for the link. They look interesting. I'll let you guys know if I get a set. It looks like they use the stock shocks but I don't see a sway bar mount on the lower arms. If that is the case I would think the stock coils would be too soft without the sway bar. So next would be a shock upgrade or at the very least getting some stiffer coils. Has anyone used stiffer coils on their stock shocks? And if so what options are out there. Thanks again for the info.

I didn't notice the lack of a sway bar hook up, so I would completely agree, no sway equals a shock re valve to compensate.

T
I didn't notice the lack of a sway bar hook up, so I would completely agree, no sway equals a shock re valve to compensate.

Ok thanks! I see someone already bought the a-arms that were on ebay so I'll have to try and contact the company for some new arms. Maybe they have a dealer in the United States or Canada? Here are some videos of the company testing the arms out.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Ok thanks! I see someone already bought the a-arms that were on ebay so I'll have to try and contact the company for some new arms. Maybe they have a dealer in the United States or Canada? Here are some videos of the company testing the arms out.

The heck is he wearing?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

W
Oct 21, 2016
STS technologies

Hi guys, don't know who will see this but I found this old thread about the STS a-arms and I actually purchased a set back in January 2016 on my trip back from Idaho after bending a stock upper! I received a note saying I was the first in the US to recieve a set. I installed on my 15 pro rmk and first thing I noticed was the sled was very tippy (awesome for tight trees) but with no sway bar the shocks do need to be re-sprung or re-valved. It likes to dive to one side or the other depending on the snow I only got a few rides on them once back in New England but they took the east coast abuse so far. Though I might go with a different arm for the season.

A
Dec 1, 2008
Any ideas how is the shock mounting done in the chassie end of the shock.

Because I think there needs to be slight angle, so you need a some angular movement in the shock eye.

I was thinking of buying one of these kits, but I have piggyback walker evans shocks, and little bit suspicious about the fitment.

Premium Features