• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

03 800EFI fuel pump specs and questions

S
Mar 23, 2008
My brother is putting a 03 800EFI motor in his 01 Mcat 800 Carb. We have some problem though. A pump assy from cat is about 700$. But we were told we could use an inline pump instead. And that it has to be capable of 40PSI. I have no idea what to look for, I went to Lordco, and looked online. Jegs.com has a couple, and http://www.injector.com/fuelpumps.php has some. But they all say how many Gallons per minute they can flow.

I dont know much about fuel pumps. Could we go with any pump and use a fuel reulator and pressure guage with it to get what we want? does the pump need to connect to the EFi system to conrol fuel amount? we are putting a booncker box on the sled to.

So the basic question is. can somebody show me a pump that will work. Or what i need to look for and do to make this work.

Thanks, Mark

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
U will need to replace the tank with a EFI one from a 02 or newer one from a Mountain Cat or a 1M sled. The 02 would be a direct replacement for ur 01 tank and seat. The 03 to 06 has the removable seat and could also be used but u need to buy a few more parts to mount it to ur sled and u can shed some weight with the 03 and newer seat. There r several pumps available on ebay for this swap.

Sprocket

S
Mar 23, 2008
1670-153 is only the pump. on the parts diagram there is a wiring hardness and 3 hoses that are connected to everything also. i did find a whole pump on ebay for 225$ though. He has a boss seat. So tanks wont be that hard.

Anyone need a Clear Mcat tank Carb? only 2 tanks threw it.

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
Keep looking on ebay, I bought a brand new fuel pump assy for $112 last week. What other mods r u doing to the motor that u need a bd box? I have used a regulator and gauge to adjust my fuel psi on two of my sleds that I have modded.

Sprocket

Last edited:
Premium Features