• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Crossfire 600 mystery bog

C
Feb 14, 2019
Hi guys! I’ve come here in hopes to find a solution to a two year problem.
I’ve got a 2009 crossfire 600, bought it last season as a fix er upper sled. I drove it and noticed at random times it would just bog out, feather the throttle and it would be fine( sometimes if it completely died just pull the chord again and good to go). This sled will start without an issue and idle all day long, runs great other than the random bog. I’ve had everything apart, checked compression, tried different fuels, checked reeds, cleaned injectors, replaced fuel pump, checked boots for cracks, cut the throttle safety, I’m at the point where I don’t really know where else to turn. I’ve read a few threads describing the same issue but no solutions. Any input or suggestions are appreciated!

Z
Dec 6, 2007
Edmonton
I had a Crossfire 600 few years back. Oil pump spring was weak and the oil pump would stick open once in awhile. Wouldn't retract properly. Usually a spray of brake cleaner and lube would help. If I remember correctly. some people were cutting the spring shorter to give it more tension. Maybe yours has a similar issue?

Premium Features