• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Sidehill Wheel Kit Available Now!

MTNTK

Premium Member
Nov 5, 2009
Ashton, ID
mtntkperformance.com
The Side Hill Wheel Kit from MTNTK Performance offers a better option to stabilize your Ski-Doo without eliminating T-Motion or the 16” Wide Flex Edge track. Maintain a straight line while sidehilling without constantly counter steering while also adding durability to your track by not allowing it to rub on the suspension drop down brackets which causes extreme wear on the outer cords and track lugs. The MTNTK Side Hill Kit comes complete with the original MTNTK Tough Wheel Kit as well as two-12mm Axle Bolts to replace the flimsy stock axle bolt.

4%20Wheel%20Kit%20WEB1.jpg

Order now by clicking the link below!
https://www.mtntkperformance.com/suspension/sidehill-wheel-kit

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
So ppl bitch the Ski doo can't sidehill. Doo removes outside wheels and then comes up with Flextrack and T-motion. BUT..... everyone bitches the Doo cant sidehill so we add outer rear wheels and lock out T-motion.

We are right back to 1997:

Reminds of this! :face-icon-small-win
1998-dont-get-in-strangers-cars-dont-meet-ppl-from-13327924

Attachments

• ASDF.jpg.png
    ASDF.jpg.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 66
P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
This is rather unconventional approach.

I would worry that the extra leverage into the T motion will generate more

Force into the T motion system. And possibly generate more failures.

I did the 15 wide track, it does exactly what this is supposed to do by reducing

Leverage and forces going into the T motion system.

Just my thoughts.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Yes, this is not well thought out. Will make the washing-out worse. If it was NOT a T-Mo rig, then yes. Poor design, poor marketing. But people will buy it, because they are told that it is better. And they will think that it is better, because they were told that it is better.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Poor design, poor marketing. But people will buy it, because they are told that it is better. And they will think that it is better, because they were told that it is better.

So it is just like T-motion and flex edge in that respect. LOL

Still cracks me up how many people try to alter the rear suspension on these sleds, how many different kits are there to correct this mistake?. It is by far the worst skid idea I have ever seen, and it works against the rider if you are anything more than a meadow muffin. Ski Doo though says it is the best thing since toasted bread, so it must be... LMFAO

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I have always liked a 3-4 wheel design just for the strength and stability. If you break a wheel or bearing you can still shuffle wheels around to ride out.
I would do it for that reason alone, as to any other benefits??...who knows.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR

Still cracks me up how many people try to alter the rear suspension on these sleds, how many different kits are there to correct this mistake?. It is by far the worst skid idea I have ever seen, and it works against the rider if you are anything more than a meadow muffin. Ski Doo though says it is the best thing since toasted bread, so it must be... LMFAO

850 Gone Down thread must be slowing down if you're paying attention to us again. We get it dude, we ride the biggest POS out there. Thanks for coming by to consistently remind us.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Yes, this is not well thought out. Will make the washing-out worse. If it was NOT a T-Mo rig, then yes. Poor design, poor marketing. But people will buy it, because they are told that it is better. And they will think that it is better, because they were told that it is better.

I'm headed to McCall to ride for the next 4-5 days. I'd love to teach you how to ride a sled with T motion on it :face-icon-small-coo

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
850 Gone Down thread must be slowing down if you're paying attention to us again. We get it dude, we ride the biggest POS out there. Thanks for coming by to consistently remind us.

and thanks for all of the attention.... stalker

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city

Agreed. Doo has Brennan coming up with every gimmick possible to fix a poor chassis design since the XP and the public buys right into it.

S
Nov 7, 2015
Rigby, Idaho
The Side Hill Wheel Kit from MTNTK Performance offers a better option to stabilize your Ski-Doo without eliminating T-Motion or the 16” Wide Flex Edge track. Maintain a straight line while sidehilling without constantly counter steering while also adding durability to your track by not allowing it to rub on the suspension drop down brackets which causes extreme wear on the outer cords and track lugs. The MTNTK Side Hill Kit comes complete with the original MTNTK Tough Wheel Kit as well as two-12mm Axle Bolts to replace the flimsy stock axle bolt.

4%20Wheel%20Kit%20WEB1.jpg

Order now by clicking the link below!
https://www.mtntkperformance.com/suspension/sidehill-wheel-kit

Do we get a discount on the trailing arm conversion when we order the wheel kit?

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
Can see this being helpful when in a sidehill but will be harder to initiate and to carve. Will try to keep the sled more flat.

Premium Features