• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help - No fuel - Trouble Shooting Suggestions

Golanda

Lifetime Membership
Aug 18, 2015
Bozeman Mt & Pinedale WY
I'm helping a friend rebuild his top end. Reassembled and it is not getting fuel. I'm familiar with carbonated fuel deliver but not fuel injection. I checked the throttle body and the injectors appear to be fully seated into the block. Could I have missed a connection? What else should I do to trouble shoot the problem? Suggestions?

2014 Assault 800

Last edited:

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I'm helping a friend rebuild his top end. Reassembled and it is not getting fuel. I'm familiar with carbonated fuel deliver but not fuel injection. I checked the throttle body and the injectors appear to be fully seated into the block. Could I have missed a connection? What else should I do to trouble shoot the problem? Suggestions?

2014 Assault 800

There's a fuel pressure prort/Schrader valve at the top of the fuel pump assy where I ngoesnitno the fuel tank. Try and start it and monitor fuel pressure, if none, disconnect connector and apply power to it to test pump and see if it builds pressure. If it does then you know you have an issue getting power. I'm unsure of any fuses or relays so I'm sure others may know better.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Applied power to the pump and it started right up. Not sure now why the pump is not getting power without hot jumping it.

OK so that eliminates the pump and pressure regulator then. Could be a relay or a fuse, would have to. Get the manual and review it, it does have a wiring diagram in it. I'm unfamiliar with the wiring on the sled so no Help there,

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
I might have a wiring diagram for 2013 Pro in PDF format, if it is the same. PM me your email address if you want a copy... also when you figure it out post back up what you found, always looking for good info on these sleds...

Premium Features