• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

High Beam/Low Beam ?

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I have a Cyclops 50 watt helmet light that i want to rewire. I have two Piaa lights running off the high beam wires. Is there a difference in voltage/amperage between the highs and low beam wires ? Will i get the same output with the low beam wires. I'm not sure if the stator can handle 3 50 watt bulbs off the high beam wires. I want to try my helmet light out and then possibly nix my Piaa's. Ideas ?

B
Nov 26, 2007
HEy i know its off the topic, but how many watts are your piaa lights? I wanna put some on my apex but i have found some with different wattages, and wonder if that can be hard on the system. thanks man

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
No difference in voltage between the high and low beam. Higher wattage (brighter) bulbs consume more power by drawing higher amperage. I x E = W.......voltage times current equals Wattage

A
Dec 12, 2007
BC
when you increase the work load (watts) you increase your current (Amps).
just make sure your fuse can handle it. the volts don't change.

amps x volts = watts

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I got it all figured out. The plug that came with it is fubar. Fixed it all up and the light is super bright now. Thanks

Premium Features