• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Winter Games (Okoboji)

S
Dec 15, 2009
NW Iowa
I am planning on trying to make it up to the winter games in Okoboji this year. I have not been up there for several years. Has anyone else been to the games lately? Wondering what they all have going on for snowmobiling events anymore. I am sure they still do the ice drags but anything else?

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
I live up there but go to school over in OC they usually have Ice Drags sunday mid-morning tell the afternoon but always a lot of sleds running around down on the ice between the bridges and such no set events always the weekend of the 26th or the one following the 26th nor sure on the exact dates this year.

146ev

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah I go to NW but keep my snowmobile at my house in Sheldon

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
I was just in that area on Tues. this week. AGP is one of my customers. Keep in-touch and lets keep the word out there and get a group together to do the poker run. What day is the poker run usually. I posted a link for the 2012 games, but they have not said what is happen and when.

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Crossfireman and I will keep everyone posted. As we get closer, will get everyones contact info. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

CROSSFIREMAN

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
iowa
no fair! take one break and i get caught. not done with beans but close. poker run is on saturday. that is the best day to be at winter games. by the way steelman i live one mile west of bean plant

CROSSFIREMAN

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
iowa
yes that is a good plan, rooms book up early for winter games, i have drove up saturday morning and come back home that night, makes for a long day. i have a friend that i stay with also he has a home on west okoboji. if you have a group going up iwould start looking for a condo to rent fairly soon. it is well worth it to stay saturday night

Premium Features