• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011/2012 Winter Forecast

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
Lets try this again for this year. Did not get much interest in this last year, but is fun to hear what everyone is hearing.

D
Dec 30, 2008
Des Moines, Iowa
snow snow snow

My weather forecast shows record snowfall, one blizzard after another starting Dec 1 through March 31. I put more miles on a rental sled during one trip to the Snowies than I did on my ZR all last winter. Come on Snow Gods!!!!!!!! We are due!

S
Dec 15, 2009
NW Iowa
The last two years in a row I have been out west when we got the biggest storms of the year in northwest iowa. Now obviously the riding here doesn't compare but it sure if fun doing a little ditch hopping when the snow is half way decent. Otherwise the sled sits in the garage all winter til the next trip!! LOTS OF SNOW PLEASE FOR IOWA!!!

R

riverider

Sep 19, 2011
Boondocks , Iowa
this is my idea of a good winter frozen rivers + frozen lakes + a ridiculous amount of snow and all that 2 last approximatly until end of may thats what dreams are made of and hopefully the farmers almanac is accurate this year

Steelman

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
snowexhaust.ggb.ca
we will just need to place all our hope in the farmers almanac or else plan on traveling this winter!!

I already plan on two trips west. Feb and then Mar. I think it is going to be another year like last. I only put 434 miles on sled. Should have less then 300, but rode a few days on marginal snow.

Premium Features