• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled videos need to get to this level....

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
when a good snowboard set up costs under 1K and a season pass at your local hill is about $400 you got a lot of people jumpin' in. average cost of a capable sled to get into the backcountry is well over 10K...its tough to get people to come on over to the sport. :(

Not to mention the FS doesn't comp people for coming out and filming there areas, closing off sections to build big jumps, free use of grooming rigs.... The big resorts push a lot of money to the vids, and make quite a bit of it possible.

I need someone to sponsor me to hit trees and get stuck on flat ground....

Last edited:
H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Ummmm, dont we all fast forward to the good stuff after we watch a sled film more then once, i do

Call me crazy, but I hope the sled film world will not turn to hollywood filler BS footage. Who can watch a filler movie more then once, not me. Give me a sled vid with more riding and less talking and less ads……and ill pay double. I want thriller not filler.

Side note - maybe the film makers should make another version of each film with no ads and no yaking....ill pay double:beer;

Last edited:

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net
And additionally (more times than not) the expense to the riders is enormous when things go wrong.... not just a torn jacket and broken board. (NOT SAYING THEY DON'T HANGIT OUT THERE) they are VERY talented and risky, but not quite as costly..... a little more of the risk to reward ratio. Nicely tho I can say there seems to be more interest in the budgets this year.... Should be a banner 2008/9 season eh! (PS I liked the whole 509 thing too, kinda cool and different)

S
Jan 15, 2008
PNW
any filming done with a helicopter is always sick. lense stabiliers are becoming more and more popular, allowing for great cinematography. i always love the warren miller flicks.

also, helmet cam shots are awesome. i also enjoy watching the "bloopers", everyone just hanging out, people making jokes about someone else's sled/crash/stupidity...anything. seeing fellow sledders joke about that stuff is always fun i think.

Last edited:

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
I have a question for every one. What are the top 10 things you like to see out of sled films? And also post if you would like to see something new.

More slow technical riding...
More tight tree riding...
More creative lines, and creativity in general with snowmobiling......

Sometimes it gets old seeing hillclimbs over and over again. Being that is not what most people ride, most can't / don't relate to it. As said before, most don't have the financial means (or in my case the cojones) to let it all hang out either, not to mention can't afford to get injured/hurt......

My 2 cents..

C
Nov 28, 2007
MT/DC
I have a question for every one. What are the top 10 things you like to see out of sled films? And also post if you would like to see something new.

when there is hillclimbing, i like to see the steepness, like i think it would be awesome to see one of those thunderstruck pulls from the edge of a cliff on the slope....:D:D:D

As ruffy said, technical lines are always sweet to watch, and i think just more dynamic shots in general would make it sweet....

M

Mortgage Paul

Dec 28, 1999
No Town
www.TeamMortgageAndCredit.com
Sled Vids are fine. I'd like a bit more engine sound when you can.

I met Mike from Mack Dawg in like 1994, filming in Calis Sierras
Even then he had a 16 MM I think. It looked like nothing I'd ever seen with reels of film. I remember they rented them or something. I think it was an Ariflex

I think the music in sled vids needs to be more like the earlier 2 SCS Vids though. More fitting, makes you want to ride.

Even if its rap hip hop. In SN4, that clip with Jay Quilan getting followed by the Heli on the Alaska glacier set to Wanna be a Baller by Lil Troy, was GOOD.

It just fit.

Premium Features