• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

To: Sled Film Makers

S
And my quote from Nickelback was $40,000 for ONE song. The Eurythmics (Here Comes the Rain Again remade by Hypnogaja (GREAT SONG, search it on youtube)) laughed at my music budget. No kidding, they hand-wrote on my contract, "No Way, no how!" So I asked what it would take and they said 6 figures. . . With Linkin Park, just song fees (didn't even get to the publisher) it was only $7000.00. . . How these guys are using Metallica and Disturbed I'll never know. . . Oh wait, I do know. . .:eek:

Only $40,000? You got a deal. The music industry associations want $80,000 a song. If they had their way, every time a cellphone rang with a song, THAT would be classified as a "public performance".

Seriously, I'd rather see filmmakers support musicians straight up, even if some of them are mediocre, than pander to these hives of scum and villainy.

On a side note, at 1:03 in that Breathe video, is that sasquatch in the background? :eek:

A
Nov 27, 2007
McCall Idaho
Only $40,000? You got a deal. The music industry associations want $80,000 a song. If they had their way, every time a cellphone rang with a song, THAT would be classified as a "public performance".

Seriously, I'd rather see filmmakers support musicians straight up, even if some of them are mediocre, than pander to these hives of scum and villainy.

On a side note, at 1:03 in that Breathe video, is that sasquatch in the background? :eek:

on your definition for the $80,000 thats a whole different deal, thats downloading using peer to peer on copyright infringement.

Using a copyrighted song in a video with out usage permission, or royalties paid is $250,000 dollars and/or 5 or 10 years in prison i believe.

I sure dont have the guts to stick a well known song in and hoping it "flies under the radar", i would imagine this has happened before, and yes they got lucky, but there is a risk that is not worth it imo

and yes i think that is sasquatch:D

S
Yeah, the copyright thing is definitely another can of worms, but the point I was going for is along these lines: "The expression 'got it for a song' no longer means you got a great deal, but rather you paid wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much for it."

T

TurboGuy800

Oct 29, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
dude... finding good music from hoards of up and coming bands on the internet is like trying to find a diamond ring at the landfill... I personally spend hours listening to music on music licensing sites trying to find good music... it sucks bad... for every decent song i hear i have to go through about 500 crappy songs... its ridic :(

but that is one reason these videos rock, the dedication.

boondockers five.... favorite music track to a sled video, play it in the dvd in the truck all the time

Last edited:
Premium Features