• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Question regarding Skinz Post-Forward Kit Install

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
I had to do something around my sled so started in on this today. I pulled the lower mount and couldn't get the new bushings to fit around the rubber bushings on the post. I see in the directions that size can vary in those bushings and there might be some sanding involved. It seems like it would require quite a bit of sanding to get these suckers on there.

I wanted to make sure I'm doing this the proper way before I get too far. Thanks in advance for the help!

EDIT: Never mind, it appears I need to take the rubber bushings off. Not in the directions but the only possibility.

Last edited:

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I had to do something around my sled so started in on this today. I pulled the lower mount and couldn't get the new bushings to fit around the rubber bushings on the post. I see in the directions that size can vary in those bushings and there might be some sanding involved. It seems like it would require quite a bit of sanding to get these suckers on there.

I wanted to make sure I'm doing this the proper way before I get too far. Thanks in advance for the help!

EDIT: Never mind, it appears I need to take the rubber bushings off. Not in the directions but the only possibility.

You moving it forward one inch or two? I bought that kit and my understanding is you don't need to cut the airbox if you go one inch forward.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
You moving it forward one inch or two? I bought that kit and my understanding is you don't need to cut the airbox if you go one inch forward.

I read that as well but went for the 2" position. Nice and warm today so a perfect time to put the world's stickiest patch on it. Great to work on the ole 850 a bit.

Ranzou

Lifetime Membership
Mar 16, 2013
I'm installing my Skinz Post Forward kit today. Ran into the same problem with the lower part. Thank you for this post.

YES. You have to cut and remove the rubber bushings on the lower post. This is is not in the instructions. The new parts are "swivel/socket design to allow the re-positioning of the steering post."

Once I cut my rubber bushings off, the new Skinz brown part fit perfectly and I was able to complete the installation.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
I ended up moving my control cables to the back of the riser too. If you remove the throttle cable make sure it pops into the detent in the flipper when you put it back together. If not, it will throttle up if you move the cable around and bog when you press the flipper.

Premium Features