• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Magnum Force Weights

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Hey Cody I’ll buy your SLP weights when your done with them!
:)
I couldn’t tell a difference with the ZRP compared to stock, but it would be nice to be able to change weight easier.
I ride they U.P. And out west

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
AK ,

How does it hold the rpm once set , does the rpm change as the temps and conditions change in the same kinda riding area ?

When I was on Polaris and the clutching was set , it held the RPMs constant in wide varying set of conditions , but with stock BRP I have to fool with clickers to keep my desired RPM .

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
AK ,

How does it hold the rpm once set , does the rpm change as the temps and conditions change in the same kinda riding area ?

When I was on Polaris and the clutching was set , it held the RPMs constant in wide varying set of conditions , but with stock BRP I have to fool with clickers to keep my desired RPM .

It’s seems very consistent to me, 0-4000 feet and temperatures from -5 to +35. Seems more consistent then my Polaris in the past.

B
Feb 18, 2009
Tungsten
https://www.ibackshift.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=62

For longer heavier set screws just go to your local Home Depot.

The size is 5/16-18 setscrews they have many lengths to choose from the stainless steel are slightly heavier.
1 1/4 is as long as you can go and still use a lock screw and projected tip are the short tungsten provided in that link.

Would you mind sharing the exact weight combination you use for low and high elevations including the specific est of the elevation in feet? I'd like to get this kit, if for nothing else the ease of adjustment but additional low end also sounds great!

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
For a stock sled at sea level to 3000' I ran 80g total weight, magnum base is around 69g, the projected tip screw from slp weighs around 2g, then the 1 1/4" 5/16" stainless set screw weights 9g and the keeper is less than .5g. Total weight on my scale was 80g. To go heavier you will have to go with the slugs that ak mentioned.

B
Feb 18, 2009
For a stock sled at sea level to 3000' I ran 80g total weight, magnum base is around 69g, the projected tip screw from slp weighs around 2g, then the 1 1/4" 5/16" stainless set screw weights 9g and the keeper is less than .5g. Total weight on my scale was 80g. To go heavier you will have to go with the slugs that ak mentioned.

Thanks, I do have a jaws pipe so I’ll probably need a little more weight. Hoping ak will chime in with the exact weight combination he used...

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Installed a set last week, took it out in some really good conditions, and really like the difference. Like the lower engagement, however, I've picked up the dreaded clunk on take offs. Tightened up my deflection, and it went away for a while, but doing it again after about 50 miles. I'll have to check it again, but I thought I had it set pretty snug

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Thanks, I do have a jaws pipe so I’ll probably need a little more weight. Hoping ak will chime in with the exact weight combination he used...

82.3 grams with the small tungsten weights that are in the link above. This is good from 400 ft to 2000 ft. It will turn 8,000 to 8100

The jaws pipe likes 8100 I here so this should get real close. If you run with out the tungsten weights at sea level 80 grams it will probably hit 8200. I’ve ran the 80 gram setup to 4000 ft and still turned 8000 rpm.

Here’s my sled setup
2018 175
Stock secondary with a black 039 spring used for sea level.
165/350 slp team spring
Stock gear ratio in tki belt drive
Oem 391 belt.

Slp pipe / diamond s can
+1 degree timing
V force reeds.
90 octane non ethanol.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Installed a set last week, took it out in some really good conditions, and really like the difference. Like the lower engagement, however, I've picked up the dreaded clunk on take offs. Tightened up my deflection, and it went away for a while, but doing it again after about 50 miles. I'll have to check it again, but I thought I had it set pretty snug

Clunk?
Might want to check chain tension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z
Jan 7, 2019
I have a 18' summit SP 154, with stock HE clutching. To use these weights around 1000 ft I would just need the magnum force weights + 165/350 primary spring, + tungsten weights ? Any need to change secondary spring also ? thanks

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I have a 18' summit SP 154, with stock HE clutching. To use these weights around 1000 ft I would just need the magnum force weights + 165/350 primary spring, + tungsten weights ? Any need to change secondary spring also ? thanks

I would change the secondary spring to the black leave it in for both elevations.

For 1000 ft with a stock motor try.
Slp magnum force weight
Slp projected tip weight
A 1- 1/4 stainless steel 5/16-18 set screw found at Home Depot.
The locking screw that comes with the weights.
The 165/350 spring for the primary.
And the black secondary spring.
Oem belt.

I don’t think you will need tungsten slugs unless your running a pipe are at sea level racing.

Z
Jan 7, 2019
Okay i got these and noticed one of my weights is very tight on the pin and does not move as "freely" as the other 2 weights, anyone else' like this ? and would it cause any issues

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Okay i got these and noticed one of my weights is very tight on the pin and does not move as "freely" as the other 2 weights, anyone else' like this ? and would it cause any issues

Mine were not like this, definitely fix that every thing should move freely.

W
Sep 9, 2013
Ended up putting these on. Much earlier engagement around 3k, holds longer downhill and is just smooth now. Don't have to thumb f@#k the throttle to creep, just ease into it.

B
Feb 18, 2009
I pulled the trigger and ordered a set of these. I'm currently running SHR adjustable weights with a 150/350 primary and green 180/303 secondary springs. The primary spring should be fine just providing a little lower engagement yet but wondering about the secondary. The green has a higher starting force than the black. Any concern with running this secondary spring? I think it will just provide more backshift at lower rpms, right?

Also, what is a the recommended weight for 9-10k?

W
Sep 9, 2013
I pulled the trigger and ordered a set of these. I'm currently running SHR adjustable weights with a 150/350 primary and green 180/303 secondary springs. The primary spring should be fine just providing a little lower engagement yet but wondering about the secondary. The green has a higher starting force than the black. Any concern with running this secondary spring? I think it will just provide more backshift at lower rpms, right?

Don't have it off hand but the weight settings are in the package. Set mine up for 3-6 or 7 whatever it was and was hitting 8k every time I checked.

Z
Jan 7, 2019

I had tip weight, 4g slug and lock screw and was around 7950 at 8-10k

Premium Features