• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Member from WA.

Hey All! I just joined the forum today. I haven't really looked around much yet but I am looking forward to it! I'm from Walla Walla Washington currently. I started snowmobiling when I was 15 when my parents bought a couple older Polaris snowmobiles when we lived in a cabin near Elgin OR. The first year I mainly stuck to the trails, the second year I was getting more confident and started more into the backcountry. It helped that I had some older friends that were backcountry riders that got me into that since my Dad stuck to trail riding mostly. By the third winter I was all about the backcountry boondocking and hills/trees. Unfourtently because of circumstances we moved away from that area and wasn't able to snowmobile for the next 2-3 seasons. Last November my parents sold our snowmobiles which was a huge disappointment for me but the snowmobiles were getting old and I knew we couldn't afford them any more. This summer I was able to pick up a 1998 Polaris RMK 700 151" in good mechanical shape and fair cosmetic shape for $500. I think I got a good deal. For a poor college student I'm pretty stoked that I will be able to get out on the snow this year for not to much. Eventually I really would like to up-grade but this will have to do for now. I do need a trailer though which is a problem... Also It's a whole lot more fun when you have someone to ride with so I'm looking for another snowmobile that I may be able to afford that my 17 year old brother could use, or some of my friends so I have company...

I am looking forward to this winter like none other! I can't wait to get back out there on the snow and I just hope I haven't lost what I had learned previously... I hope this forum will help me learn a lot of new things and help me make it thru the wait till the snow flys! Thanks!

The Pictures are: 1. My "new: Sled. 2. This is me in beginning learning stages on the "old" sled that my parents owned.

DSCN7836.jpg IMG_6400.jpg

Premium Features