• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Torsion spring delete systems

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
I'm trying to establish what are the advantages of doing a torsion delete and who offers what and who likes what and why ?

If you own or have ridden a torsion delete system please chime in with your observations .

All opinions welcome .

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I've read mixed reviews. Most seem to like it better but I've read some that say they didn't notice a difference.

I thought I wanted to delete mine until I went with better shocks and adjusted my suspension. Now, I would have to try a sled like mine with a torsion delete and compare before dropping the cash.

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
I have the torsions , I'm not sure what you mean by maintaining ride height ?

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
I would say its easier to tune the ride height with either the air or twisting the coil spring and because both rails are attached to the same point via the single link this keeps the ride height consistent , which in turn makes the transfer point more consistent , which in turn makes it easier to ride because of the consistency .

so being able to control ride height is a plus over the dual torsion springs , also there would be weight savings i'm guessing with the single system .

Last edited:
B
Feb 18, 2009
I would say its easier to tune the ride height with either the air or twisting the coil spring and because both rails are attached to the same point via the single link this keeps the ride height consistent , which in turn makes the transfer point more consistent , which in turn makes it easier to ride because of the consistency .

so being able to control ride height is a plus over the dual torsion springs , also there would be weight savings i'm guessing with the single system .

How you can possibly think it easier to adjust shock spring over the torsion springs absolutely eludes me! The torisons literally only take seconds to adjust. I specifically went to a fox float for the center shock because the shock springs are such a royal pain to adjust. Add snow and ice then it's impossible! Some people find one setting and leave it which is fine but I switch up my center shock often depending on the snow conditions.

BTW... I know this is about the rear shocks not the center but I'm using this as a reference because the center stock shock in a spring shock and it sucks to adjust!

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
How you can possibly think it easier to adjust shock spring over the torsion springs absolutely eludes me! The torisons literally only take seconds to adjust. I specifically went to a fox float for the center shock because the shock springs are such a royal pain to adjust. Add snow and ice then it's impossible! Some people find one setting and leave it which is fine but I switch up my center shock often depending on the snow conditions.

BTW... I know this is about the rear shocks not the center but I'm using this as a reference because the center stock shock in a spring shock and it sucks to adjust!

you are correct in your statement ! Thanks for pointing that out.

I should have said easier to fine tune the ride height due to the infinite amount between the softest and most firm setting .So if its set though multiple attempts and you are pleased with it it should remain at that setting minus the spring fatigue that it sees over time .

I am trying to determine if I would like to try the Torsion delete then after that decision I need to decide either in, air or coil version .

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
What kiND of weight saving's with a torsion delete?

6 lbs on my 2018 summit sp 175, using the carbonsled kit. A x model would be less( steel vs aluminum shocks) as well as a shorter track model would be less weight saved.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I have a Tom's Rear Premium lock-out and QS3-R front shocks for sale. Super low miles (300 mi.). Look in swap meet if interested. Going to try a different brand. This setup makes a huge difference.

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
I have a Tom's Rear Premium lock-out and QS3-R front shocks for sale. Super low miles (300 mi.). Look in swap meet if interested. Going to try a different brand. This setup makes a huge difference.

PM sent

Premium Features