• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Are E-mail notifications Disabled? Off? Broken?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I know I have not got any Subscribed Thread notifications for nearly a month (10/24/2016 is the last one I have record of that is a subscribed thread notification). I've gotten the propaganda (Sales Flyers and other Snowest Advertiser / Revenue based E-mails) the whole time.

I PM'd Christopher but he must be too busy fondling his 3 G4's to reply. So I thought I'd throw it out to the masses to confirm or deny the extent of the issue.

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
Ya i've had some issues as well, I quit getting email notifications for PM's. christopher thought it was because I unsubscribed to one of the daily emails I was getting which took me off the notification list for everything, despite all my settings being correct.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I know I have not got any Subscribed Thread notifications for nearly a month (10/24/2016 is the last one I have record of that is a subscribed thread notification). I've gotten the propaganda (Sales Flyers and other Snowest Advertiser / Revenue based E-mails) the whole time.

I PM'd Christopher but he must be too busy fondling his 3 G4's to reply. So I thought I'd throw it out to the masses to confirm or deny the extent of the issue.

Let me do a trace on your e-mail address and lets see what comes up.
Just a minute...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Sigh...

<dl><dt>Email</dt><dd>brent.xxxxxxxx@gmail.com</dd><dt>Reason</dt><dd>Unsubscribed Address</dd><dt>SMTP-ID</dt><dd><20161117182818.dcc1c6fe85c9@www.snowest.com></dd><dt>Processed String</dt><dd>November 17, 2016 - 11:19:57 AM</dd><dt>MSGID</dt><dd>filter0264p1las1-23675-582DF4CD-46.0</dd><dt>IP Address</dt><dd>54.69.113.250</dd></dl>

So.
You know that link on all the e-mails we send out that says UNSUBCRIBE?

unsubscribe-green.png

Ya, thats the one that YOU CLICKED ON and removed yourself from the entire E-Mail system for the forums.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Sigh...

<dl><dt>Email</dt><dd>brent.xxxxxxxx@gmail.com</dd><dt>Reason</dt><dd>Unsubscribed Address</dd><dt>SMTP-ID</dt><dd><20161117182818.dcc1c6fe85c9@www.snowest.com></dd><dt>Processed String</dt><dd>November 17, 2016 - 11:19:57 AM</dd><dt>MSGID</dt><dd>filter0264p1las1-23675-582DF4CD-46.0</dd><dt>IP Address</dt><dd>54.69.113.250</dd></dl>

So.
You know that link on all the e-mails we send out that says UNSUBCRIBE?

unsubscribe-green.png

Ya, thats the one that YOU CLICKED ON and removed yourself from the entire E-Mail system for the forums.

But it DID NOT say "UNSUBSCRIBE" all it said was "CLICK HERE",
I may have my blonde moments but I'm not an Idiot.

Can you reinstate them or send me a PM of how to go about it without having to start over with the three hundred or so threads I'm supposed to be subscribed to?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I may have my blonde moments but I'm not an Idiot.

Can you reinstate them or send me a PM of how to go about it without having to start over with the three hundred or so threads I'm supposed to be subscribed to?

I have removed your unsubscribe request.
You should be clear to start getting forum generated e-mails again now.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
For Example

Christopher;

I just noticed another example of this, The SW Daily Digest. It has just a "Click Here" at the bottom of the page. I assumed and I would guess others have as well that that button would take you to more un-published thread summary's. To save yourself some continuous grief you may want to have whomever is in charge of that, add the words "To Un-Subcribe" to the "Click Here". FWIW

Last edited:
Premium Features