• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 340 edge touring stator specs

G
Mar 10, 2017
Anyone have a link to a shop manual for 2006 340 edge touring? Don't mind paying but free is always better
I can find for 06 340 classic and 06 340 Indy touring but not the 06 340 edge touring
Even if someone has stator specs would be good

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
If you have stator problems, either the engine doesn't work or there no power for the accessories. A bad high low beam switch can screw up the engine so that you may think that you have a stator problem. You disconnect that switch and see if the engine runs, it order to check for whether it is bad. If you need serial numbers to by a used stator, go to Carl's Cycle website. A bad thermister on top of the engine will also cause the engine not to work. You can check whether that is bad by disconnecting the connector and inserting a wire that connects the two ends of the electrical harness connector that you just exposed. If the engine then runs, you need to buy a new thermister for about $22.

G
Mar 10, 2017
If you have stator problems, either the engine doesn't work or there no power for the accessories. A bad high low beam switch can screw up the engine so that you may think that you have a stator problem. You disconnect that switch and see if the engine runs, it order to check for whether it is bad. If you need serial numbers to by a used stator, go to Carl's Cycle website. A bad thermister on top of the engine will also cause the engine not to work. You can check whether that is bad by disconnecting the connector and inserting a wire that connects the two ends of the electrical harness connector that you just exposed. If the engine then runs, you need to buy a new thermister for about $22.

What is a thermister? I have never heard of that term or know where to even look for it

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Stator specs should be the same as for the 2004 340 touring shown in attachment. The manufacturers don't tend to make electrical changes within the same chassis/ engine combinations year to year. The wiring diagram should be okay to follow too.

G
Mar 10, 2017
Stator specs should be the same as for the 2004 340 touring shown in attachment. The manufacturers don't tend to make electrical changes within the same chassis/ engine combinations year to year. The wiring diagram should be okay to follow too.

Thank you very much

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
What is a thermister? I have never heard of that term or know where to even look for it

I am referring to the screw in plug on top of the cylinder head cap, with a lead wire that plugs into the main electrical harness, right in front of the coolant hose connection. When the engine over heats or the thermister gets old, then it breaks the electrical connection that either causes the engine to stutter or to not work at all.

G
Mar 10, 2017
I am referring to the screw in plug on top of the cylinder head cap, with a lead wire that plugs into the main electrical harness, right in front of the coolant hose connection. When the engine over heats or the thermister gets old, then it breaks the electrical connection that either causes the engine to stutter or to not work at all.

My engine is a air cooled

Premium Features