• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cvt snow bike build.

K
Apr 2, 2012
So i tried snobiking last year and like all of you was in love with it. I did not like having to deal with gears and clutch and the lack of power. Fell in love with what the snowhawk guy did so i am copying him as i had lots of sled parts around. Doing this on a low budget for the first attempt so am using what i have. I picked up a blown up ctf250r and had my old 827 rev that the frame has been bent up too many times. Here is some picks of where i am at so far. My bud JL is shortening the drive and jack shafts for me.

ea0ad120de4ca47b5e7e2fae61481c4f.jpg
ab8ae1d9b8370409a3c37b411f7a26d8.jpg

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
You are into something that I think one of the majors is going to do. That is build a purpose built snowbike with a rigid tunnel
and a light high horsepower motor with a CVT. Take a 600 twin and lay it down to move the crankshaft back so the CVT belt is not too long from primary to secondary. Put a jackshaft on it so the final drive is on the right side to keep it balanced and narrow. Use a belt final like Polaris or like my Yeti. You don't need the swingarm pivot and all of the other stuff that comes with a dirt bike. The suspension is in the skid only just like a sled. Sell it for $10,000 to $12,000 and you have a winner. It will happen before long.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Good luck with your project. Projects like yours will help the sport.

Premium Features