• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 seat storage

J

Jooohan87

Aug 28, 2011
Hello

I will remember that I have read somewhere that the 2018 mountain cat will have bigger seat storage than 16-17, is that correct or have I just dreamed?

Thanks

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
storage

I rode the ER and seat storage was the same as the SP of previous years. In the parts pic the 18 MC looks to be the same as the SP. So you may have been dreaming. The lack of storage is a issue with all the back country sleds. I personally use the handle bar and tunnel bags. They both work excellent and I can carry everything I need to. My 16 ltd does have more storage on the seat you may want to try to swap the seat for one like that. Its has more room at the back of the seat. If you look at a parts pic you can see the difference.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Keep in mind there are two seat set ups for these sleds. Electric start and Non-electric start. The set up for the electric start is taller and longer, if you look around on the Cat website you can see. I'm not sure how each is going to differ in storage but I hope to receive mine soon and should be able to provide feed back

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
The production 18's have the same size seat as the 15 and older sleds. Not sure why they went away from the 16 style seat with more storage. It does come with a small bag behind it, which does hold more than I thought it would. But I still have a cat tunnel bag behind it.

fudge313

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2015
Finland
Seats are same then last year. Depend on estart or not. If not short seat little storage behind, if estart , no storage...

Premium Features