• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bikeman Pipe

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Looking at running the Bikeman pipe and full velocity can this year. Seeing used ones for sale occasionally. Curious if anyone here has run one and removed it for any reason? Would like to know if you ran their controller and/or clutching as well. I plan to try to run the pipe and can only.

Not interested in why I should run SLP or Jaws instead, looking for input from people who have run the Bikeman pipe ONLY. Thanks

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
You won't be disappointed. Have ran bike man stage 2 and 3.5 and it is top notch with great clutching to match it. I have some bikeman stuff in box laying around brand new if you're serious. At any rate smooth horsepower throughout the range with noticeable gains. I'm running 860 this year.

dragonfire

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2007
Fargo,N.D.
Bikeman stage 3.5

What is a stage 3.5 ?
What stage number is a bullydog stacked with a PCV to fine tune the bullydog in the field ?

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Have the Bikeman single on mine, only about 8 or so hours with it though. Noticeable improvement for sure, I went with a mapped PCV from DynoTech Research, and clutching from Steve @ MDS.

Purrs like a kitten, til you whack the throttle, then she bares her claws :face-icon-small-hap

Have a BDX Ti can that I paired with it, but I'll be moving over to BMP's can this year I think. If funds allow, may even go with the low elevation head for a little extra, in case I run up against one of them cheater big-bore G4 Don's :face-icon-small-ton

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Have the Bikeman single on mine, only about 8 or so hours with it though. Noticeable improvement for sure, I went with a mapped PCV from DynoTech Research, and clutching from Steve @ MDS.

Purrs like a kitten, til you whack the throttle, then she bares her claws :face-icon-small-hap

Have a BDX Ti can that I paired with it, but I'll be moving over to BMP's can this year I think. If funds allow, may even go with the low elevation head for a little extra, in case I run up against one of them cheater big-bore G4 Don's :face-icon-small-ton

You won't need it.
I spent the day running against a 2017 and 2018 (prototype) G4 last spring.

My axys ate their lunch.
All the sleds were 162-165 3" tracks.

I'm running a pipe and A2dsledworks clutching.

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana
I have heard nothing but good things about the BMP pipe/can combo. I am going to be running it on my sled this year as well. My only concern is do I need the programmer. Its quite pricey and I was hoping to avoid it. I ride western montana from about 6500 and up then the Togwotee area in Wyoming. Is the programmer necessary?

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I tried the bmp pipe with no pvc, and it would not hold full out for longer then 15 seconds. Added the pvc and map from dynotech and all was good.

KStrand

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 25, 2010
MN
I ran the bikeman pipe last year and was very pleased. Definitely a noticeable difference. I also rode an G4 850 and I wasn't that impressed, yes it was a lot better ride and power compared to older models but still thought my '16 axys with the pipe either got up and went better or had more power or maybe it's just cause I'm used to it just my opinion i guess. But I am planning on adding the controller this year just because I believe the factory mapping has a lean spot in it at midrange throttle and the controller should fix that.

N

NWaxys

Feb 28, 2016
Eastern WA back country
Bikeman has some of the best tuning in the business specially w the bully dog. We call stage 3.5 the full meal deal under bore. Head, pipe can, bully, piston kit y pipe. Constantly pulled 178 hp out here in the pnw. Thing are every one for lunch. Ran stage 2 last season on my 155 and had a ball. This year running 860 after riding my buddies his was on bully dog tune and ran so flawlessly. If you have questions or looking for bmp products give me a shout. 509-881-5136

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Took advantage of their snowest discount code and ordered the pipe, full velocity, and bullydog. The stuff all looks nice and the full velocity muffler sounds great, it also fits extremely well and does NOT move like many cans do.

Will also be running 8 tooth drivers, gear down, and Indy Dan clutching. I will be sure to report back here when I get it on the snow... in like 4 months :face-icon-small-con

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Yet another happy BMP customer here. Had there stage 3 for the later part of the 15-16 season and it ran great. Switched over to their Goldstar weights and really ran after that. Went with their 860 kit last summer. I didn't have any issues with it last season and once I got the Tied figured out the sled just flat out ripped. :eyebrows: :eyebrows:

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
richracer, mind sharing your setup? I have a tied just collecting dust in the garage, be nice to use it ! :face-icon-small-hap Also, used MDS's clutch setup. Works "good" but I think it's lacking somewhat.. Have a set of the Goldstar weights from my Pro also just collecting spider webs.. PM me if you want?

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Took advantage of their snowest discount code and ordered the pipe, full velocity, and bullydog. The stuff all looks nice and the full velocity muffler sounds great, it also fits extremely well and does NOT move like many cans do.

Will also be running 8 tooth drivers, gear down, and Indy Dan clutching. I will be sure to report back here when I get it on the snow... in like 4 months :face-icon-small-con

If you do ALL of those things you mentioned above, how will you know what the PIPE SETUP actually does so you can give an accurate report to those seeking information on what the performance gains (if any) of the pipe setup are?

I think it would be interesting to see what these mods do individually so one can make an educated decision on what to add to their sled based on what the gain in performance VS the cost of each one is. :)

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
We typically drive 16 hours one way for a couple days riding so I just wanna go :face-icon-small-hap. We'll see, it would make sense to spend a morning and run no pipe, pipe, pipe and bully dog. I will hopefully do this if we are somewhere that doesnt have much of a trail ride in.

Last edited:

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
We typically drive 16 hours one way for a couple days riding so I just wanna go :face-icon-small-hap. We'll see, it would make sense to spend a morning and run no pipe, pipe, pipe and bully dog. I will hopefully do this if we are somewhere that doesnt have much of a trail ride in.

I dont blame you. After driving that far, i would only want to get out there and play too . . .not test things :)

It is hard to accurately test things like this as snow conditions vary SO much during the day. Elevation, terrain, rider skill, temperature, snow depth, sun (or lack of), are all very important factors that affect how a certain "mod" acts, and feels. It is almost impossible to get an accurate comparison. One would have to spend time in one specific area and take run after run on the same mountain, change "mods" and take runs 5 ft from the others on the same mountain, same time of day etc.

Heck . . .maybe just riding is not such a bad idea after all :)

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
richracer, mind sharing your setup? I have a tied just collecting dust in the garage, be nice to use it ! :face-icon-small-hap Also, used MDS's clutch setup. Works "good" but I think it's lacking somewhat.. Have a set of the Goldstar weights from my Pro also just collecting spider webs.. PM me if you want?

Here you go:

Altitude: 8K-10K

Sled is a '16 Pro-RMK 163

Track: a 3.2"

Drivers: 7T 3" Avids on an Assault shaft (steel splines)

QD Pulleys are from my 2014.

Tied Secondary: 70-57ER .46 spring is a Venom (Team) Red/Black (140/240)

Primary: Gold Star weights at 71.6g (magnet placement 3/3/1/2 (holes 1 to 4) with a Venom (Team) bright yellow (120/340)

Belt: Dayco XTX 5020

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
If you do ALL of those things you mentioned above, how will you know what the PIPE SETUP actually does so you can give an accurate report to those seeking information on what the performance gains (if any) of the pipe setup are?

I think it would be interesting to see what these mods do individually so one can make an educated decision on what to add to their sled based on what the gain in performance VS the cost of each one is. :)

Hey Timbre,
I did just that, you can dig up my old post here where I tested each item to see if each were worth the gain. I dont want to hijack this thread. So after years of building mod sleds, I can say Im well pleased with this set up and it hasnt failed me once.

Premium Features