• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BULLSH** POLARIS (ELECTRIC RELAYS IN HARNESS GO BAD FROM WATER INTRUSION)

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

cdebodt44

Lifetime Membership
Apr 3, 2016
I've read through this topic again and I still don't think anyone has answered where the relays are. It sounds to me like there are three for the non electric start sleds. Two in plane view behind the pipe tied to the over structure. Supposedly another in the velcro bag above the clutches but I haven't found it yet.

Then...there seems to be two for the electric start sleds? yes/no?

The only relay that has been identified is the shed relay which is in the velcro bag. I'd like to know which one is tied to the oil pump. I think that one started to fail for me.

I have the non es model. I have the two on the overstructure in the picture which I believe are for the exhaust valves and the oil pump and the one in the Velcro bag which from what I've read is the load shed relay. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I have a total of 3 relays

IMG_4264.jpg

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I have the non es model. I have the two on the overstructure in the picture which I believe are for the exhaust valves and the oil pump and the one in the Velcro bag which from what I've read is the load shed relay. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I have a total of 3 relays

I worked on my sled today and found the same thing. However, I haven't confirmed what each relay is for. The two on the over structure had corrosion for me. The one in the velcro bag wasn't too bad. I replaced all three.

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
I had no guage and exhaust valve issues yesterday. Not happy. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow. Hope they have some relays handy because I didn't buy any before they were sold out.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Then...there seems to be two for the electric start sleds? yes/no?

Yes for the ES equipped sleds- as stated in my post there are 2 relays on the harness (1) right after the solenoid (1) right above the last lead right to the negatave battery post.
I do not know their function- but can tell you they are the same numbers as the ones for the power valves and shed relays...
Strange that these were the only 2 of the 5 that had Zero green gunk on them- but have been subject to a good cleaning and a dab of Di-grease

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I believe that all of the AXYS relays are SPDT's...but I believe only used as an N.O. SPST's

87a, pin #4 in the socket is unused on All...so it won't matter if it is a SPDT or SPST... so long as the SPST is a N.O. (Normally Open) configuration.

attachment.php

SPDT
The middle of the three bottom pins is not used (87a)
75723FL.gif

SPST
Notice, no middle pin (87a)
75722FL.gif

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Thank You Murph

Looks like the Canucks get a better price for a change !!

Sorry, Wrong link at the Future Electronics...
Here is the right one. $1.13 each
SEALED SPST
http://www.futureelectronics.com/en...?ProductID=8711CSR112VDCSONGCHUAN1055063&IM=0

The Waytech link is for a sealed one....
SEALED SPST
871-1C-S-R1-12VDC

S-R1

https://www.waytekwire.com/item/75721/Song-Chuan-871-1A-S-R1-12VDC-Micro-Relay-/

As shown in the Polaris Diagram.... You CAN use an SPST (Single Pole, Single Throw) in place of the SPDT (Single Pole, Double Throw)

Weird, I pulledthat part number up and it says SPST but your description says SPDT. Single throw won't work in dual throw application.

I believe that all of the AXYS relays are SPDT's...but I believe only used as an N.O. SPST's

87a, pin #4 in the socket is unused on All...so it won't matter if it is a SPDT or SPST... so long as the SPST is a N.O. (Normally Open) configuration.

attachment.php

SPDT
The middle of the three bottom pins (87a) is not used on the AXYS-800's
75723FL.gif

SPST
75722FL.gif

U
Jul 20, 2016
Montana
Had this issue Saturday and stopped in Weller in Kamas UT. They said Polaris came out with a fix but said it was not quite a recall. Only got the fix if you brought your sled into the dealer with that issue. Sled is at Fast Track in Heber so interested to see if it comes back any different

M

Mishtar

Oct 12, 2016
So for people who are moving them what part needs to face up? I have 0 mechanical skills so excuse the ignorance.

Don

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Had this issue Saturday and stopped in Weller in Kamas UT. They said Polaris came out with a fix but said it was not quite a recall. Only got the fix if you brought your sled into the dealer with that issue. Sled is at Fast Track in Heber so interested to see if it comes back any different

keep us posted-- preferably with a photo. ;)

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Has anyone ordered from these sources yet??

Weird, I pulledthat part number up and it says SPST but your description says SPDT. Single throw won't work in dual throw application.

Thank You Murph

Looks like the Canucks get a better price for a change !!

Sorry, Wrong link at the Future Electronics...
Here is the right one. $1.13 each
SEALED SPST
http://www.futureelectronics.com/en...?ProductID=8711CSR112VDCSONGCHUAN1055063&IM=0

The Waytech link is for a sealed one....
SEALED SPST
871-1C-S-R1-12VDC

S-R1

https://www.waytekwire.com/item/75721/Song-Chuan-871-1A-S-R1-12VDC-Micro-Relay-/

As shown in the Polaris Diagram.... You CAN use an SPST (Single Pole, Single Throw) in place of the SPDT (Single Pole, Double Throw)

attachment.php

SPDT
The middle of the three bottom pins (87a) is not used on the AXYS-800's
75723FL.gif

SPST
75722FL.gif

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
I decided I better grab a spare relay just to be on the safe side. Shame to be stranded with an easily swapped piece.

My dealer had CR-1's as parts stock. He grabbed a new relay off a snowchek that was sitting on the floor, SR-1. Price was ridiculous as expected, $34 with tax I think.

Come to think of it, I bet we could sub in relays from the e-start end of things for say the power valve or load shed relay if having trouble out on the hill ??? I haven't read anything about that so far......anybody care to comment??

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
So does anyone have it nailed down yet where to purchase them yet ? Dose Mouser have them back in stock or are there some where else ?
Would like to have a spare also .
Thanks do all for their due diligence .

Premium Features