• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new handlebar setup on 07 dragon?

W

WXNic

Dec 8, 2007
bountiful
i have the stock handles and really like the feel of the pro rmk setup. any suggestions? will I have to get extended cables to add a little rise. rsi? pro taper?

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
I put the polaris 800 riser on my 700, helped a lot. For some reason the 700's came with a smaller riser. I'm pretty sure you can't put a Protaper setup on that sled. Controls won't work or something.

PS Fordtuff doesn't know what he's talking about...

S.Diddy

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Park City, UT
If you want rise, just add a riser, thats your best option. If you are dying for a set of pro tapers buy the school boy hi bend, it's the only one that will work with the old style dragon controls, although it will not allow you to use the mtn strap. For that you will have to buy an aftermarket bolt on one. Hope this helps.

W

WXNic

Dec 8, 2007
bountiful
i grabbed the moto pro tapers(half the price) and all the controls fit. i was told this would not work, but it did. just fyi

W

WXNic

Dec 8, 2007
bountiful
thanks, can't remember the exact bend, but they were a hair wider than the pro and i left them that way. it was a lower rise, but made it perfect for me with the stock riser and i didn't have to disconnect all the wires.

Premium Features