• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FXR boots

S

s.back

Jan 29, 2017
rohnert park, ca.
does anyone have any experience with the fxr boots? I talked to fxr and they said the elevation has the smallest toe. are these boots to big in the toe for snow biking. I no there are other boots that work good for snow biking I just want to hear about fxr. reason for fxr is I get a really good deal on all fxr gear.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
For me I have never had an issue with big toed boots... Just adjust your shifter accordingly... Even klim have a big toe... Never had and issue and I don't adjust the shifter ...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I used klim arctics the few times I have ridden. they are huge. ( Plus I wear size 14's )

shifting is annoying but not that bad.

I wish someone made a MX boot that was fully waterproof. I would like the high boot/ankle protection.

S

s.back

Jan 29, 2017
rohnert park, ca.
I pulled the trigger and ordered the fxr elevation. They make 2 versions I went with the ones that where rated a 8 in stiffness instead of the 9. We will just have to see.

DanielMerrick

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2014
Northern Ontario Canada
I have a set that didn't last a full season, the centre of the "tung" started to rip on both boots. i brought the issues up to my dealer and the fxr rep said it was normal wear and tear.... i didn't have many hours on them, they were warm, great shift feel and very comfortable. i wasn't impressed with fxrs handling but my local shop gave me a discount on other products. I'm going to have them repaired, but hopefully the rest of the boot lasts.

S
Sep 15, 2016
Vancouver, WA
They seemed like a good boot at first, two rides in one started to leak. Took another ride the second started to leak. I would be ok if it was just a little wet, but it seems like they just suck up the water. I did finish out the season with them as it was kinda on the warmer side. I'm looking to get some motorfist or klim on black friday. They are so bad that I may not even bother the warranty route. I am verry pissed with them as they are not a cheap boot that is advertised snow specific, you do not get what you pay for. My buddies have Columbia and Keen boots that are completely waterproof and were half the price.

Last edited:

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
They seemed like a good boot at first, two rides in one started to leak. Took another ride the second started to leak. I would be ok if it was just a little wet, but it seems like they just suck up the water. I did finish out the season with them as it was kinda on the warmer side. I'm looking to get some motorfist or klim on black friday. They are so bad that I may not even bother the warranty route. I am verry pissed with them as they are not a cheap boot that is advertised snow specific, you do not get what you pay for. My buddies have Columbia and Keen boots that are completely waterproof and were half the price.

That sucks.
Don't go motofist if you have a kick starter. Ripped a hole in mine after two days.

S
Sep 15, 2016
Vancouver, WA
Electric start on mine, so it was not abuse that did them in. I did have small rips from the shifter towards the end of the season, but they leaked way before then. I was going easy on them made a air dry rack from PVC and computer fan, so it was not heat dried. I guess they don't make them to last. Sucks to hear that about motorfist, that would have been my first pick as I have their pants and they have been awesome. If I don't find a good deal on klim I may just get some columbia or keen boot, a couple of my sled buddies used them for a number of seasons without issues. Oh well worst case will ride with wet feet, I'm in warmish climate anyways. Any suggestions on a well made boot?

R
Apr 18, 2016
I rolled Toucans last year, they worked pretty good and kept me warm and I liked the protection. I did catch a part of my buckle on the kicker and tore the boot. Alpinestar was good about the warranty and fixed them right up for me turn around was quick.

K
Oct 2, 2008
Clarkston W.A.
Alpine star tech 8 dirt boot. With a bread bag over my socks!! Until a good dirt bike boot manufacture build a true snow bike boot. Would never ride in short floppy snowmobile boots again.

H
Oct 7, 2008
Ferndale,Wa.
Forma adventures.....
Have used these for dual sport and adventure riding for the last year or so and will try them this year for the snowbike. I have bought a couple pairs from Motostorm out of Europe if I remember correctly. No problems and I think around $200.

roo

Premium Member
May 12, 2008
sedro woolley WA
Mx boots only for me!!!!!

Rode mx boots for 6 seasons, worked well but feet were wet and cold. Got fed up and got a pair of fxr lite boas. Thought i had found the answer......
Now i am down a season with a fully torn achillis tendon. I dont think i would be missing a season if i had never quite wearing my tech 10s.
I would never ride my bike on dirt without moto boots, i dont know what possesed me to think it would be ok in the snow.
Also had a buddy wearing "snowmobile" boots that tipped over on a groomer coming to a stop, fell off the bike, landed on his face and bike came down on his heel. Broke all the bones on the top of his foot.
Hope this helps people make a safer choice.
Cheers
Jeff

J
May 24, 2017
Had a pair of FXR, Elevation and blew out the bottom of them within a few rides on the kick starter. Only made it about ten rides and the non kick start side had holes in the bottom. They suck.

Also, right after I first punched a hole in the bottom I contacted FXR and was told that the hole was due to a kick start, which they consider to be normal wear and tear. I agreed that kick starting is normal wear and tear and asked when was the last time he bought a pair of mx boots and had the bottoms blow out? Needless to say I didn't get a refund.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
If not going MX boots, maybe try Danners. I've been using my Danner Rainforest boots for several years now. Kickstart bike, no unusual wear n tear. Since they're work boots they're built to take abuse, not look cool in the bar like most snowmobile boots. And they're waterproof.

S
Sep 15, 2016
Vancouver, WA
Anyone try cycle gear's bilt discoveries the buld quality looks ok. I tried a pair the other day along with the formas and they looked comparable. Bilt we're 130 and the formas 280. I don't mind spending the money if I knew they would last more than a season, just don't want a repeat of fxr.

Cooksend

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Anyone try cycle gear's bilt discoveries the buld quality looks ok. I tried a pair the other day along with the formas and they looked comparable. Bilt we're 130 and the formas 280. I don't mind spending the money if I knew they would last more than a season, just don't want a repeat of fxr.

The Forma's have peaked my interest. How did you like them?

Premium Features