• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Axys Goggle Bag.. Anyone buy/install yet?

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Better late then never I guess.
Just an FYI, the old Pro under hood bag does work great on the Axys if you run an aftermarket can. It will also dry out a pair of frozen gloves or goggles, I'm curious to see if the new bag and location on the clutch side will be able to do that. Eric

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
$125????
I'm guessing this is a bag with an electric heating element in in for that price? Description in that link isn't great...

Underhood Goggle Defrost Bag
Item # 2882117
$149.99 USD

I'm seeing 150 bucks. pretty much inline with the rest of the over priced Polaris bags. Eric

Wgold

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2011
Tioga, ND
I just purchased a pro bag on ebay, brand new for 69. Plan on making it work and saving a bunch of $ over the current model.

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
Underhood Goggle Defrost Bag
Item # 2882117
$149.99 USD

I'm seeing 150 bucks. pretty much inline with the rest of the over priced Polaris bags. Eric

$150 is pretty steep! For an extra $100 I can buy a can and have better access to my pro ride bag... I would however like to see a few pictures of one installed if there are any high rollers out there.

Last edited:

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
$150 is pretty steep! For an extra $100 I can buy a can and have better access to my pro ride bag... I would however like to see a few pictures of one installed if there are any high rollers out there.

150 bucks for a very small bag is WAY over priced. When the Original Pro underhood bag came out like 6 yrs ago is was about 40 bucks... then they quickly started raising the price n them. Now they are about 70.00, but still half price of the new axys bag.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Ok Ok Ok we get it, they are really expensive. Now let's get back to the point. There has to be somebody out there who has bought one that can show us how it works right? Has anybody even gone to a dealer to see how they look? Does it replace the belt holder so now I need to find a new place for my belt?

Anybody? Please? I'm happy to pay the price if I can just see if and how it works. I've been desperate for a good goggle bag setup ever since going to the axys chassis.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Ok Ok Ok we get it, they are really expensive. Now let's get back to the point. There has to be somebody out there who has bought one that can show us how it works right? Has anybody even gone to a dealer to see how they look? Does it replace the belt holder so now I need to find a new place for my belt?

Anybody? Please? I'm happy to pay the price if I can just see if and how it works. I've been desperate for a good goggle bag setup ever since going to the axys chassis.

Went to the dealer yesterday, it replaces the belt holder and has a new place for your belt along with a separate compartment for the goggles. Dealer said at the dealer show she's pretty sure they could fit two pairs of goggles in the bag. It's near the pipe so I'd imagine it has decent heat. She has a ton on order so I'll be able to see in person here shortly.

mountaincat 800

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2001
Utah
Damn that thing is going to get melted! Wait I didn't see the mount. That just may work.

Last edited:

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Wow

Holy Crap that is quite the setup!! Now I totally understand why they want so much darn money for it. It seems like it's one of those things where you buy it and then either say "wow, they really pulled this off and this is awesome!" or you end up saying "oh boy they really tried to hard to shove 10 pounds of poop into a 5 pound bag."

I guess we're all going to find out pretty soon which one it is.

My initial concern is that it might block airflow trying to get back to the clutch to cool it off. If I go this route it might be wise to add a few frogskinz around there or something to make sure airflow isn't completely cut off. Or I might see it in real life and realize that's not the case?

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Fullthrottle and I were talking about this yesterday. We’ve got an idea for how to make it work. Soon as our new BMFAB stuff gets here we will give it a whirl.

Premium Features