• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ProLite Front Bumper Sale $100 off!!

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com

Attachments

• bdxbumpergreen.jpg
    bdxbumpergreen.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 61
  • bdxbumperorange.jpg
    bdxbumperorange.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 64
W
Jan 15, 2017
I had one. It worked great the first ride, but the second ride, not so much. It hooked and locked a whip, bent and broke the bumper while denting my lower a arm. Not impressed.

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
Love the looks, but I'm on round 3 of welding the mounting tabs....

When did you buy it? We made over a 1000 for Arctic Cat that they had in their catalog and never had a warranty claim. These are the same bumpers.

Also the same bumpers installed on over 150 ProLite snowmobiles sold at Black Diamond.

All of our parts have a one year warranty.

They really do fit great, look great and work great. The aluminum round tube design keeps the snow from packing in the nose.

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
I had one. It worked great the first ride, but the second ride, not so much. It hooked and locked a whip, bent and broke the bumper while denting my lower a arm. Not impressed.

locked a whip? The bumper would have to be been tore right off to hit the lower A arm.

What did you hit? After hitting a tree myself on my prolite, I dented my bumper, so it did what it was supposed to do. The tree bent my A arm, but the bumper surely didn't.

BLIJAS

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
BELLINGHAM, WA
bumper

Bought bumper in 2016...Welded it 2 times in 2017 and second time made thicker tabs...Called and talked to Erich about it...So my bumper is the only one this has happened to huh??

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The one on my 2014 Pro-lite broke through the welds at the top mounting tabs near the bolt from vibration in less than a year. Asked about warranty and was told I could send it back and have it re-welded as that is what was being done with them at the time. Chose not to and bought one from Hubs Performance and had no issues with that one yet. Has anything changed at any point since then (material, design, manufacturer)?

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
Well I wasn't here in 2014, but the know the bracket where it mounts to the bulkhead was updated from the original design before Arctic Cat started selling them. Like I mentioned before, same bumpers that BDX sold to Arctic Cat. In general any bumper can crack if it got hit. And every company that builds anything has an issue from time to time, that just business. That is why companies offer warranties. But the BDX bumper doesn't have a design flaw. It was tested and approved through Arctic Cat even before they sold them for a couple years. They are a very good bumper that is durable and effective.
BDX hasn't just sold a couple of these, BDX has sold into the thousands of them over the past years.
For a hundred bucks, they are nice and work well. We just have a new design so there is sale pricing on remaining inventory.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Pos copy cat pricks.

See the black dot. That mean China crap.

I built this bumper in 2012 bdx stole it in 2014 sent it to China to be reproduced because $80 USA built was too exspensive. They wanted to put them on the prolite so we went to the guy that makes them for me and in bulk we got them down to 80 I was paying over 200 . I just figured they was going a different direction.
Next thing I know my bumper is for sale by Arctic Cat and in western power. They sent my bumper to China had it copied.. when attic cat found out they pulled it. Yes I got nothing from the crooks .

The USA BUMPERS MY bumpers don't break.

Life to short to have to work with dishonest people.

Last edited:
N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Bought bumper in 2016...Welded it 2 times in 2017 and second time made thicker tabs...Called and talked to Erich about it...So my bumper is the only one this has happened to huh??

I've got two of them welded, both 2014 models. After welding the second one the dirty chinesium would just turn to dust. They over pinched there bends and caused a weak spot. Now they are wall hooks for hoses and other stuff. Bought an arctic cat bumper but only have a few rides on that, yet to hit anything with it.

Speed Shop Inc.

Premium Member
Nov 4, 2009
Cannon Falls, MN
www.speedshopinc.com
Oh ya, the welds do look horrible don't they.

Anyway, people can see right through these characters and we keep selling excellent products at BDX

Attachments

• bumper weld 1.jpg
    bumper weld 1.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 28
  • bumper weld 2.jpg
    bumper weld 2.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 29
  • bumper weld 3.jpg
    bumper weld 3.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 27

BLIJAS

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
BELLINGHAM, WA
weld

I must have had an older bumper because mine was not gusseted like that one is. When did you change that? And FYI, I am not bashing. I have allot of bdx on my sled..

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I must have had an older bumper because mine was not gusseted like that one is. When did you change that? And FYI, I am not bashing. I have allot of bdx on my sled..

Same here. My bumper was not built that way right were the top bolt attached to the bulkhead. The attached picture is what mine looked like.

SSI: That's the confirmation I was looking for when I asked if anything had changed. The welds never looked bad, there was just an issue with the upper mounts on the early ones that soured a few of us. Looks like that issue was remedied.

Attachments

• Broken Bumper.jpg
    Broken Bumper.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 32

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Oh ya, the welds do look horrible don't they.

Anyway, people can see right through these characters and we keep selling excellent products at BDX

That's your response to customers that support you and your product is to look the other way regarding their concerns and call them characters?

You need to go back and take a sales 101 class again as you obviously failed the first round.

Premium Features