• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ice age pro-motion for my wife's axys with 36" front

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
My wife's sled is a 16 axys 155 I was wondering if anyone has one on their sled or their wife's. if there's one area she struggles it's getting the sled on its side smoothly, which is where I believe this would help. I am also going to replace the a arms with alt imp 36" after bending two stock lowers. She is about 5'5" 120. appreciate any feedback, thanks!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
They definitely make the sleds roll from upright to the sides really easy. more of a 'roll' then a tipping sensation which tends to work better for smaller riders struggling to get the sled to move over the tipping point.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I've run the 36" front end and the Pro-motion on a Pro. On my Axys I just went with the 37" front end and I'm very happy!

Both modifications will affect the sled's handling, so I would suggest doing the narrow front end first and see how she likes that. You can always keep going but if you do both at the same time, you'll never know how the sled feels with each modification.

I thought the Pro Motion with a narrow front end made the sled more ......."twitchy"??? if that makes sense???

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
I was planning to do them one at a time as you stated. Will have the a arms before winter and I planned to pick up the pro-motion at haydays if they have a good deal on them. I think she would benefit from it being a smaller rider and making the sled roll into the side hill easier. I could also see it being too twitchy as mentioned

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
I thought the pro-motion was easier to get on it's side, but didn't like it for step side hills. For an intermediate rider probably good. With that said, the new ski-doo is much easier to lay over than the Polaris.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I thought the pro-motion was easier to get on it's side, but didn't like it for step side hills. For an intermediate rider probably good.

This is exactly right, it has very similar results to how the DOO feels. It is far easier to roll over from a very neutral position and makes it a breeze in more open terrain or lightly treed scenarios. The demise of the flexible suspension is that they can be a little less predictable on very steep and aggressive side hills.

In most cases if a person is having a harder time with just getting the sled on edge in the first place they are more moderate in their skill sets and the drawbacks don't really affect their riding style.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
This is exactly right, it has very similar results to how the DOO feels. It is far easier to roll over from a very neutral position and makes it a breeze in more open terrain or lightly treed scenarios. The demise of the flexible suspension is that they can be a little less predictable on very steep and aggressive side hills.

In most cases if a person is having a harder time with just getting the sled on edge in the first place they are more moderate in their skill sets and the drawbacks don't really affect their riding style.

This sums it up well.

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
By the sounds of it this would be right up her alley. If she gets good enough to follow when it gets steep I can always remove it, but for now I think I will get one bought and see what happens this winter. Thank you guys!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
By the sounds of it this would be right up her alley. If she gets good enough to follow when it gets steep I can always remove it, but for now I think I will get one bought and see what happens this winter. Thank you guys!
The install takes a good 5 minutes, with beer drinking included. So not like your too far invested into the project in that regard.

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
I really like the Pro Motion and have it on 3 of our 4 Pros and would /will like to try on an axys. I think that a light person would really be able to throw a narrowed up Axys around with Pro Motion on it with no effort at all. Just my thoughts!
gtwitch in wyoming

A
Feb 12, 2012
washington play grounds
Kmod 37

The kmod 37 is way better then the 36 anything. The 36 lifts the front of the sled and changes the track angle and creates more ski pressure(harder steering), plus with a 36 u have to change shocks were with the 37 u dont. Our whole team has change from 36 to 37 and has never been more happy(check out the vids of the team at ridecascade.com)
If ur looking to go with kmod let me know i can set u up with the best deals around. If u pair the kmod 37 with raptor shocks and u will be amazed at the diff in the ride of her sled best upgrade u can do!!!!

tree-magnet

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
W. Washington
My wife's sled is a 16 axys 155 I was wondering if anyone has one on their sled or their wife's. if there's one area she struggles it's getting the sled on its side smoothly, which is where I believe this would help. I am also going to replace the a arms with alt imp 36" after bending two stock lowers. She is about 5'5" 120. appreciate any feedback, thanks!

I found that even though it helps tip it on it's side easier it also allows it to tip to the down hill side. When you don't want it to.

Premium Features