• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

are pro-rmk skis side-to-side reversible

S
Jul 8, 2015
I just bought a 2013 pro-rmk 600 and the left ski has a decent size chunk taken out of it on the outside. I am wondering if I can just switch the skis left-to-right and right-to-left to get the missing chunk on the inside so it doesn't catch when I carve. It sure looks like you can but I don't know if the ski has a slight curve in it.
Thanks

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Check the part # (@Babbits On LINE) but I think they are the same ski part #, Unbolt from spindle and switch.
gtwitcn in wyoming

M

miko700

Dec 16, 2009
Washington cascade concrete
one of a thousand mods fer the pro....its free....u carve a bit n the outside back of yer ski...might help ya get rid of yer nick and side hill bit better...search it and see what u think....

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
What are the claims for doing the Carl's cut mod to the skis? I have some damaged skis and would like to know if this enhances the sidehill or deep powder performance/handleing...anyone?
gtwitch in wyoming

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Acts like a narrower front end when you counter steer, essentially allowing you to pull the sled over with less effort when you turn the skis and burp the throttle, and generally hold a sidehill abit easier. Carl's started offering this with their powder pros, cut new from the shop, maybe 7, 8 years ago. FWIW.

Premium Features