• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 M9000 won't stay running???? Please help!

N
Feb 5, 2017
Kingsford, MI
Alright, thanks everyone for the suspension tips and tricks. Next issue, sled won't stay running. Going down powerline, sled dogged and quit. Checked fuel, got fuel. Filled tank. Gtg there.
Started cranking and if I grab the throttle, takes off like a banshee... And then dies quick.
Looking into issue tonight, I find that my heater helmet cord/plug was melted to my muffler. Idk how this happened but here I am. Same issue, won't start unless I tap throttle and the. She takes off quick and dies.
Other side affects, gauge cluster isn't working either. Lights turn on but don't stay on... Fuses, relays?? I don't have a wiring schematic but I'm sure they are attainable. Anyone run into this issue please share experiences or what worked.
Already ordered new throttle cable because it felt like it was kinked, ordered whole new throttle assembly from country cat.
Thanks everyone...

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Maybe the fuel pump? Someone on here can usually let you know what kind of voltage or pressure it should have.

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Well I didn't see you have more electrical issues before I posted. Might test your coil. Again, I don't have the specs, but someone on here might. You might have fried some things when your helmet wire grounded out.

N
Feb 5, 2017
Kingsford, MI
If I fries something would it even fire in the first place? That's my issue, it's all depends on what I do with the throttle. If I don't touch throttle, no start but as soon as I bump it, she takes off. TPS? Voltages? I ordered new throttle assembly because mine just feels worn right out.
Thanks for help.

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
I'm don't know much about these sleds and most of the time I reply to a mechanical issue, I'm kind of hoping to get the discussion going or started. My wife has a ski doo and hers would start, but not run very well. It's tail light and head lights wouldn't work and ended up being the coil. As soon as others chime in, I'm sure someone will give you some good advice. Good luck.

C
Feb 7, 2010
NE WA
I had a 12 1100t and I shorted out my afr gauge and it blew an accessory fuse, so I thought heck that was easy fix until it started to randomly die and gauge issues headlight etc. It come down to the ecm was going out. I had a buddy with the same sled and swapped ecm for a day ride and his started the same symptoms as mine did, I still had full warranty and was replaced after the dealer sent the ecm off to cat for tests. I hope it's not that problem with yours as ecm are not cheap.

Premium Features